Rock on a roll

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this in person? Does it really blend? Its seems almost too good to be true if it does blend - and what an AWESOME idea! A whole pond liner made with a rock design on it seems like it would a lot less work on the end users part.

I have some spots that need desperate help. Real rocks may work there so well.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used it, not home to get you pictures. It is gray or brownish. I put it on not in flat sheets, sort of crumpled, cut the edges so they were not straight, made it look less un-natural. It blends even more over time.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Has anyone seen this in person? Does it really blend? Its seems almost too good to be true if it does blend - and what an AWESOME idea! A whole pond liner made with a rock design on it seems like it would a lot less work on the end users part.

I have some spots that need desperate help. Real rocks may work there so well.

Be aware that it's not intended to cover the entire liner -- just areas, like at the waterline where you don't want the liner showing. And you can simulate the look of real rocks without having to use a lot of them [see comment below].

I haven't seen it myself, but have read enough reviews and comments that I plan to give it a try to cover the edges of a small stream I will be making. I want the stream to look as natural as possible, but because of it's small size, I don't want to use a lot of rocks [just a few rocks here & there as accents], and large rocks are out of the question in this case, due to the scale and space restrictions.

Be sure to post pictures of any work you do using ROR, and I plan to also. Sounds like such a neat product with almost endless possibilities!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used some in my stream, mainly where I could not have rocks, I have such a slope had places where rocks would not stay in place even in the stream. Over time the ror weathered, it looks very natural, Just keep straight edges either from showing or make the edges wavy when you cut it. Also crumple the ror makes it look even better.

Go by the color of your rocks, I used the brownish color since most of my rocks are tan/brown

posted this in another thread about ror, posting it here too

I did find one picture on my computer, I changed computers right before coming down here, all my photos are at home.
You can see the ror under the rocks along the bog edge, I cut it into pieces attached it with some pl roofing goop, made the lower edge, round, or with dips, angled etc Made it blend in and look like rocks below the rocks along the edge. It is a vertical edge 2.5 feet tall. The ror edges go below the water, it has been installed for a few years now.

ror.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question