Rock on a Roll...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Although I am using a lot of natural rock (that I am fortunate to have on the property and uncover through digging) to hide my liner, I decided to utilize "Rock on a Roll" to disguise some steep slopes where placing rocks would be difficult.

My question is, will lichens (and or moss) grow on this product over time. My natural rocks have an aged look, and I was hoping this product would eventually blend in better over time.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance,

David

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1591396905048.gif
@dapjwy
I think I have heard that moss etc. will grow on that stuff but I've never had any so can't say for sure.
I just found this online below:

Under moist, shady conditions moss can grow on Rock-on-a-Roll. After a few years, this pond's edge was completely covered with moss.

moss-edge.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine has grown moss, I have it a few places in my stream where I could not do rocks over the liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When you see moss with the small pods growing out of it use that moss to rub against anywhere you want it to grow filtered shafe and moisture and you get mods. there are also many strains of moss that will grow in the sun. some will change to a orange yellow but will still grow givin enough moisture. other will thrive in full sun again givin enough water. Those mosses are my favorite they are usually Bright or deep green .

Ask a Question