Rocks & some debris at bottom of filter box

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
My filter box is about 22" deep. I see a lot of rocks and some decaying leaves on the bottom. What's the best/easiest way to get them out from a tight space around the float, pump, and water line? I do have the long pond gloves. Vacuums look expensive.
pond filter box.jpg
My water stays clear using a plant/fish friendly algae control once every two weeks (even in 90+ degree heat).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1590791337615.gif
@BarbAZCA
If the rocks and stuff aren't too big you could siphon it out w/the old suck the end of the tube trick.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
My filter box is about 22" deep. I see a lot of rocks and some decaying leaves on the bottom. What's the best/easiest way to get them out from a tight space around the float, pump, and water line?
I'd just leave the rocks unless they are apt to start to be a mechanical problem, but the leaves and other debris, I'd use a garden hose with a high pressure nozzle to blast it out of the nooks I couldn't reach by hand. Just be sure you use some dechlorinator in the pond at the same time so you don't harm your bio-filter or fish.

Ask a Question