Rolling Stones addiction

Abe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4B-5A
Country
Canada
Addicted to stones, Mostly for creek stones that been rolling for awhile. But all stones have the magic.
P1030059.JPG
P1030058.JPG
P1030060.JPG
P1030056.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love your Stones!

I can not resist a rock, pick them up everywhere. We hauled a bunch from AZ when we drove back after selling my house. Even took some of my favorites out of the yard. Luckily we had bought a RV to drive home so I could load it up with rocks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I once carried a 20lb rock over a mile. I was out on a walk, saw it, liked it, and wanted to add it to my garden. So, I picked it up and carried it home! :rolleyes:

Ah, the memories! When Eve and I lived out on the coast, we found a super neat rock, probably about 40 pounds, too much to carry 3/4 mile on soft sand! We went home, thought about it, and built a litter with two stout 2x2 boards and a chunk of canvas... Yes, we went back and brought it home.

Rocks are a serious addiction!

Abe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4B-5A
Country
Canada
Ah, the memories! When Eve and I lived out on the coast, we found a super neat rock, probably about 40 pounds, too much to carry 3/4 mile on soft sand! We went home, thought about it, and built a litter with two stout 2x2 boards and a chunk of canvas... Yes, we went back and brought it home.

Rocks are a serious addiction!
Wow, would love to see a picture of this celebrity rock

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I actually do have a photo of it... somewhere. Most of my 4 large hard drives of photos are well organized, I can't seem to find that one yet. It was a hardened sandstone, with reds, oranges and browns in a fantastic shape. Eventually it got frozen and when it thawed, it fell apart.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
image.jpeg

Looks nice. I am hooked on the round concrete balls made in differ sizes and colors. Here is a pic I found online and hope to make a dozen over the winter in the basement. Doesn't look that hard. I know that they are not natural so they probably turn some folks off, but I plan on placing in the dry river bed mixed with natural granite and river rock.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am so glad to hear that others love their rocks like I do . I have been collecting rocks from all over for most of my life. When we moved 2 yrs. ago I hired help to move about 2 tons of rocks from my old pond to put at my new one. Also have lots used around planting beds. Among my favorites are my several pieces of petrified wood.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 106646
Looks nice. I am hooked on the round concrete balls made in differ sizes and colors. Here is a pic I found online and hope to make a dozen over the winter in the basement. Doesn't look that hard. I know that they are not natural so they probably turn some folks off, but I plan on placing in the dry river bed mixed with natural granite and river rock.

How are these made? Very nice looking!

Nick83

Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Reaction score
Weeki Wachee Florida, Home of the mermaids
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
Very cool, I love collecting rocks and minerals and then polishing them to a wet looking shine. Everywhere I go I look for rocks to take home but not many found in Florida. One day I stumbled upon a 200lb limestone boulder and brought it home to break up and from the outside it didn't look very pretty until I got closer to the middle. In the middle was a bunch of cavities of druzy crystals and white and blue botroidal quartz. I was very surprised at what I had found. Rock and mineral collecting is a lot of fun and addicting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nebraska has rock an amazing shade of almost purple red. Take a trip! And Hot Springs Ar has places you can go get your own quartz. My mom does that, then turns the crystals into things like jewelry and decorative things. When I set up my big tank inside, I’ll be filling it with the random rocks I’ve gathered.

Nick83

Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Reaction score
Weeki Wachee Florida, Home of the mermaids
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
Nebraska has rock an amazing shade of almost purple red. Take a trip! And Hot Springs Ar has places you can go get your own quartz. My mom does that, then turns the crystals into things like jewelry and decorative things. When I set up my big tank inside, I’ll be filling it with the random rocks I’ve gathered.

Send some of those rocks my way, I need a winter project and I would love to polish some Arizona stones.

Ask a Question