Ron and Naraes Pond of Tears progression thread

Reaction score
We started on this pond a month after we closed on the new house... It has been 2 years now and it is getting closer to completion now. We have had Koi and Goldfish in it for about a year now and so far everything is doing well. I do know now some things I would do differently though if I was to do it again. To bring it up to date... It is a 7400 gallons, 6' 6" deep, Airlift pond. I have 2 Koi Toilet aerated bottom drains, and 1 4" mid level intake, 4 TPRs (2" piped), 1 GPR (2" piped). I have a Savio skimmer that is modded with a 3" outlet which goes to a priming pot with 3" inlet and outlet which goes to a 4200 gph pump (soon to be 2 4200 gph pumps) which goes to the 400 gallon S&G tank which flows out to a 55 gallon Cermedia trickle tower. On the airlift dide it goes from the 2 4" BDs to a 400 gallon settling tank to a 300 gallon airlift tank which then goes to the pond (all piping is 4").
Here are some current pictures (I will post updates as it progresses).

Reaction score
Thanks, we still need to get the bridge done in IPE, some IPE decking, and some railings.

Ask a Question