Roof Pics

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Jw asked for some overhead shots. These were taken from the shed roof and the house roof.

Attachments

• deck & greenhouse.JPG
    deck & greenhouse.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 466
  • deck.JPG
    deck.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 408
  • 16x20 pond.JPG
    16x20 pond.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 20x20 pond.JPG
    20x20 pond.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 413
  • 4x10 pond.JPG
    4x10 pond.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 360
  • Lotus tubs.JPG
    Lotus tubs.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 402
Reaction score
Very nice.......I'm going to figure out a way to have lilies in my pond next Spring. Maybe I have to put a 'fence' in it somehow....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That is such a nice deck/pond set up to die for m-man! You got some good photo's from your roofs. I would love to have something like that for sure! Looks like it would be pretty well protected from wind and predators too and bet you have a lot of nice times out there. Do those lilies smell good? If so I bet it's fragrant as can be on a nice warm night.

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
The deck ponds have wild Sailfin Mollies and Paradise Gouramis.I'm going to trap out excess female mollies because they're very prolific breeders and the males are prettier. The population of males will build up after a while. The females will go back in the drainage canal where they came from. One pond inside the greenhouse has seven Koi [8"-18"] and a few goldfish. the other pond in the greenhouse has Shubunkins and Comets and their offspring. It's nice not having to worry about predators. Years ago we had comets in an outside pond which we culled every year. After a few years one of them had an all orange body and all white fins and the tail fin was longer than its body. A snake ate it. That's why no pretty fish in the outside ponds.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sailfins and Gourami's are pretty fish. Had some 3 spot Gourami's in my aquarium and loved to watch them slowly cruise the tank w/ their long feelers. They can move very fast also. Sorry you lost such a beautiful fish to the snake.

Ask a Question