Rough Transition

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
Canada
Just got back from buying some large koi off a guy and the transition was less than smooth to say the least... Took about two hours to catch them, they got caught up in nets, banged off rocks, dropped on the ground ect then had to endure an hour long ride before they finally made it back to my pond....They seem to be ok but just wondering if there is any preventative measures I should take to maybe relax them or boost their immune system in case they received any cuts or abrasions?.....Melafix perhaps?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use food to get mine and then use window screening made like a hammock to scoop them up .It is much easier .I put the screening in the pond and throw food in it and they swim in and up they come .Use a hand on each side and pull up .I used it to catch them this last rebuild time

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Yeah big koi can be a major pain to catch. I watch videos of how they transport them and boy is it a delicate thing. My only koi is just 14" now and I dread moving him when I sell the house in the future.

Ask a Question