Round Green Things!

Reaction score
This morning I was dipping out as many toad tadpoles as I could find. With each dip, I checked the net. Each time, among the many tadpoles, I found one or two round green things -small, but bigger than a fish egg. Can anyone tell me what they are? I put about four of them in the tub where I am keeping a few of the tadpoles, just in case they are eggs of some sort.

Reaction score
Picture of the mysterious green thing. I hope I did the post of the picture correctly

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 310

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Skittles? Look around and see if you see any type of plant in the near area that is producing seeds of similar that birds may be dropping in. doesn't appear to be anything I've ever seen natural in a pond before.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww I want one vertigo! ....................looks like a seed pod to me

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh I think the kids have been playing w/ the paintball guns again..........hmmmmmmmmmm?

Reaction score
From the answers I don't think anyone knows what they are for sure. :) Have you figured out what they are?

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Suggestion, take one out and cut it in half with a razor blade, I'm thinking some kind of seed, but seriously, I don't think it is originally from the pond, just something that fell into the pond. I don't think anyone has seen that before and that's the reason for the weird answers.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion fishin4cars. I cut one open, but didn't learn much. It was solid green all the way through. I've looked at the plants in our yard - we have maybe 30 different types - and see no indication that it comes from one of them. Perhaps it is some kind of seed that has been blown in or dropped by birds. We also have a half dozen bird feeders, so that could be a good guess.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Was it firm when you cut it? if so i doubt is animal, probably plant. If it was soft and very slimy then I would go more toward animal, being green through and through I have to think it is some type of seed but really don't have a clue.

Ask a Question