Routing the ugly plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. Most of my newbie questions have been answered here already, but nagging question I have regards routing the hose from the submersible pump to a small water fall with filter.

If it matters I have about 2000 gallons in Atlanta and will have no Koi- perhaps some goldfish and frogs- mainly just a feature in the yard. It started because the house we bought has a pool that needs renovation- unused for years and has a population of frogs that need relocating.

So the plan is to have the Laguna pump going to the waterfall and I am on the fence about adding a bulkhead fitting and really hiding the tubing to the pump or having the tubing up on the edge and then, once above the liner, underground to the waterfall . My main, and really only concern, is hiding the tube where it exits the pond. Adding the bulkhead and cutting a hole in the liner really doesn't bother me- I know if it is done properly it will not leak.

So what is the consensus here? How do you all rout the plumbing from an under water pump to the waterfall?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have a submersible pump as well. I routed my hose up the water fall and ran it under the stream bead on the side then goes to my bog.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a submersible pump as well. I routed my hose up the water fall and ran it under the stream bead on the side then goes to my bog.
That might work well, easier to hide there than other places.

Ask a Question