Running pump water line through preformed pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like to run the outlet from my pump (Savio WMS 1450 that sits inside the pond) through the wall of my preformed pond (Key Largo LP9118). Ideally I want to run the water line through the side of the pond and then into my filter (Savio f100) outside of the pond. What can I use to create a water tight seal that can connect to 1.5" piping both inside the pond and out of it? Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I would like to run the outlet from my pump (Savio WMS 1450 that sits inside the pond) through the wall of my preformed pond (Key Largo LP9118). Ideally I want to run the water line through the side of the pond and then into my filter (Savio f100) outside of the pond. What can I use to create a water tight seal that can connect to 1.5" piping both inside the pond and out of it? Thanks!
Use appropriately sized bulkhead fittings from the big box stores.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1620160795538.gif
@raldin

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Agree.
The best and only way in my opinion is a bulkhead fitting.
They are inexpensive and give you a watertight seal. No fussing. Tighten it up once and never worry about any leaks.
They come in many sizes to match whatever diameter your pipe is. They come with threaded connections or slip (glue) connections.
If you can't find them locally, Amazon has plenty.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks for the advice everyone. One more question. I bought the pre-formed pond used and it has a small hole/puncture from a scrape in one of its corners. Any advice on the best materials or epoxy combinations for a long term seal? I applied Tank Bond clear epoxy to it, but that doesn't appear to be a long term fix on its own. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Awesome, thanks for the advice everyone. One more question. I bought the pre-formed pond used and it has a small hole/puncture from a scrape in one of its corners. Any advice on the best materials or epoxy combinations for a long term seal? I applied Tank Bond clear epoxy to it, but that doesn't appear to be a long term fix on its own. Thanks again!

I'd use silicone.

Ask a Question