Safe non-toxic wire mesh for stock tank lid?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I understand that rain water may wash toxins off the wire into the tank. The lid will have a wooden frame ( safe to paint or stain??) will be about eight feet across. Any advice? Thanks ! KIm

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I would use either plastic coated wire or plastic poultry netting, this would keep anything from getting in the stock tank.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep you can buy rolls of the fiberglass screen door material at Lowes or Home Depot. Makes great floating plant containers in the pond also or hanging plant bags on the side of your pond. Keeps fish from nibbling them all up..............well once in awhile a fish will jump in them and pork out tho! @sissy makes the plant bags but not sure if she used this stuff for that.

IMG_1257.JPG

I had Azolla and Duckweed in the ring below.

IMG_4498.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Window screen would be my choice. I no longer use any hardware cloth or poultry netting or anything with 1/8 inch or larger holes anywhere because I have lost too many lizards and a few snakes getting trapped in the mesh. Larger than 2 inches would be ok too.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Little birds claws get trapped in anything bigger .I can just use clamps to hold it down also and when not needed I just fold it up and put it with the other pond supplies .I use window screening also for a little shade .

Ask a Question