Salad bar open!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice video, Thanks for sharing and narrating! I like the Israeli Koi, Very neat looking Koi, The big orange colored Butterfly is really nice too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Shame on those piggies...........at least they can only get the ones on the outer edge :confused:

Reaction score
Do your fish ever get into your hula hoops? Mine must have thrown a real wild party last night. All most all the plants were out of the hoop this morning and a lot more pea gravel on the bottom of the pond. I know the koi have started spawning again but geez they went crazy. My guess is they jumped into the hula hoop plant ring and found out they were stuck inside and thrashed around knocking all the plants out before they got back out.

If they were my kids they would have been in trouble for trashing the house.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing nova no kidding, give the fish a time out!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes it seems each year when spawning occurs a fish or two jumps or rolls somehow over the hoop and into the plants. I only have duck weed and azolla and a bit of parrots feather in mine right now and I only have goldfish so just have to scoop them out w/ net and they are on their way. I'm sure they are feasting on the duck weed while they are in there tho. If I don't keep some spare duck weed in the hoops they would eat it all as fast as they could :regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
j.w said:
Yes it seems each year when spawning occurs a fish or two jumps or rolls somehow over the hoop and into the plants. I only have duck weed and azolla and a bit of parrots feather in mine right now and I only have goldfish so just have to scoop them out w/ net and they are on their way. I'm sure they are feasting on the duck weed while they are in there tho. If I don't keep some spare duck weed in the hoops they would eat it all as fast as they could :regular_waving_emot

Haha I found one of my goldies in a plant ring a couple weeks ago.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would love to find my fish in the rings! We haven't had a big spawn this year yet. I did find a few small fry but not sure if they will make it. Every morning the pond is covered with plant pieces and the rings are almost empty! Luckily the plants are multipling fast. Thanks for all the nice comments. I envy all the natural ponds out there but with the slope and run off on the yard and the fact I must do most of the work myself, it works for me. Addy- want to bring your digging machine?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If we ever get a trailer for it mrsclem..................would love to help! I enjoy helping people. Been digging for our neighbors, always with the disclaimer I am not a professional, just a "housewife" lmao

Ask a Question