Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Salt meter
I have one KoiMedic Salt Meter for sale. $65 free shipping
It's new.
The Koi Medic provides accurate results and is very easy to use, simply turn on and hold in the pond. Within a couple seconds the LCD displays the salt concentration measured in percentage. Measures accurately from .01% to 1%.
Salt concentrations between 0.3% and 0.5%(3 to 5ppt) will upset the osmotic balance of some parasites i.e. the parasites’ cells will dehydrate. Salt concentration of 0.3% are effective at detoxifying nitrite and concentration of 0.25% or higher has been used to control string algae. Nevertheless, salt can cause pond plant damage as the concentration increases. Floating plants (water hyacinth, water lettuce, etc.) are affected at lower concentrations than most bog plants.

Reaction score
DoDad said:
Salt meter
I have one KoiMedic Salt Meter for sale. $65 free shipping
It's new.
The Koi Medic provides accurate results and is very easy to use, simply turn on and hold in the pond. Within a couple seconds the LCD displays the salt concentration measured in percentage. Measures accurately from .01% to 1%.
Salt concentrations between 0.3% and 0.5%(3 to 5ppt) will upset the osmotic balance of some parasites i.e. the parasites’ cells will dehydrate. Salt concentration of 0.3% are effective at detoxifying nitrite and concentration of 0.25% or higher has been used to control string algae. Nevertheless, salt can cause pond plant damage as the concentration increases. Floating plants (water hyacinth, water lettuce, etc.) are affected at lower concentrations than most bog plants.

I joined this forum after finding your thread for these salt meters but it apears I can't use the PM system w/o 10 posts:( I was wondering if you had any left for sale? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
would you lke one?
I'll hold it for you.
Boxcar said:
I joined this forum after finding your thread for these salt meters but it apears I can't use the PM system w/o 10 posts:( I was wondering if you had any left for sale? Thanks.

Reaction score
Payment sent. Thank you! I've been wanting one of these for so long. I can't wait to play with my new toy:)

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you are going to salt your pond, anytime is good.
Watch the level and maintain it at .1%. Some water plants may not like that level, so you need to evaluate based on the contents of your pond. Koiguy has no problem with hyacinth at that level. I don't think water lettuce can handle it.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
actually i maintain .15% outside and my lettuce have never shown any intolerance.. in fact lettuce, hiacynths, duckweed, iris'.and lillies all handle .15% with no apparent ill effect

Ask a Question