SANDY & THE ELECTIONS

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My intent isn't to start a political discourse, but just curious to know what effects the hurricane and resulting aftermath could have on the outcome of the presidential election. I wonder how many people either won't be able to vote for one reason or the other, or won't care to as their immediate priorities have now changed. And what's being done to make sure everyone has a chance to vote. Could this election have a different outcome because of the storm?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Don't know how the storm will affect the elections but gas prices seem to have dropped. My guess they will go up after the election.

Reaction score
In regards to the electric, I "just" heard on the news "as long as ten days" but who knows... either way, that is later than Nov 6... I was also just reading an article about how complicated it would be to postpone the election. Congress DOES have the power to do so.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ouch! As long as 10 days to 2 weeks without power -- I can't even begin to imagine what that's got to be like. Think I'd have to pack up the cats and visit relatives.

Cape, what would Congress have to do to postpone the election?

Reaction score
We lost power for 8 days with Bob, some in our area went a full month... other than our aquarium, we actually got used to it pretty fast.

I didnt read ALL of the article.. more or less scan read... part of the issue was that states hold elections at the same time, and it was addressing the inconviences, added costs to the states to run two elections, or to postpone all, and permission from the states... IF the states were all in agreement to postpone, I dont see an issue with it. A postponement of the 2012 election would not change the start date of the 2012-2016 term, whether Obama was to win a reelection, or if Romney won it...

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Oh please don't post pone the election
I am so tired of it already.

If I know our Goverment they will go door to door to get the votes counted.
Besides they can mail in there votes there is still time for that.

Ruben

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
With bengazi as a example ,not to worry ,THERE WILL BE A CLEAR AND FAIR ANSWER FORTH COMING ,RELAX and THINK "FORWARD" all will be revieled on a need to know basis ,right now YOU do not need to KNOW ! Trust is the hallmark of this administration ,SHUT UP and TRUST !! !

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
You haven't been following the history of the last 4 yrs.You have to pass these 2300 pages of health care to find out whats in it !! , executive priveledge on gun running debacle ,2300 weapons evaporated into mexico , Bengazi investigations delayed till after the election ,work place violence FORT HOOD {not terrorist attack.} No more illegal aliens ,now undocumented workers ,Prostitution of the english language rempant thank fully we have free condums and birth control pills ,from middle school up !!! HMMMMMM! all from the most tranparent admistration in history ! oh yea ,and you don't trust them ,my my !

Reaction score
I think when all is said and done, whether votes are counted on time, or delayed a bit, nothing is going to change the outcome at this point. I think most people have pretty much made up their minds as to which way their votes will go.

If someone likes the path Obama has selected, I doubt their views are going to change.

If someone doesnt like Obama path, I really dont think views are going to change.

All the issues are on the table.

I think the only thing left that I can add here is I hope things run on schedule, or the delay is minimal, as I would like to know, MUCH sooner than later, who will be our President for this next term.

(and gawd did you start a thread that tests my abilities to not bash ______ LOL.)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
EEEEEEEEEE GADS, lets get this voting thing overwith! Can't bear another day of those phone calls and commercials on the t.v and radio. Liar, liar pants on fire! Should be an interesting next 4 yrs no matter who gets in. Sorry I ran out of "LIKES" Multifasited and I'm ready for some new blood in the Haunted House on the Hill
blood01r.gif
eyes01w.gif
blood01r.gif
Till the elections over
hallowbutt.gif

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Me too ,made katrina look puny in comparison ,25% of the U.S. population directly effected ,unthinkable ,consiquences,will be felt for yrs.the entire population will feel the effects ,in one way or another ,rich man ,poorman, beggerman ,thief .We will recover,natural disasters are equal ,everybody suffers ,maybe not equally ,but enough to put all in the same boat ,at least for a while .May God grant his help in the burdens they must carry!

Ask a Question