Sanke

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to get some information on a koi I have. I believe it's a Sanke. Can anyone tell me if the color of the koi is good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 246
Reaction score
A few pictures of the Sanke.. His name is George and he is close to about 2ft long top to tail. I have a smaller Sanke in there, a female, but her color is not as rich as George's is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 234

springknee

1000 gal pond 2200gph pump
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I don't know about Koi but looks nice. My wife loves the frogs in a boat fishing. Do you remember where you got them?

Reaction score
I've had it for a while, I got it somewhere in Little Egg Harbor Nj... I forgot where exactly....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 290
Reaction score
You have a very pretty Sanke, good balance. I am not an expert either but from what I've found from my studies, Optimally a Sanke should have a red head no black on the head, which you have, 70% of the body should be red, about 10% black and the rest white. The black should be mostly on the white background and both red and black should be balanced. I say SHOULD because this is what is looked for in the higher end and show Koi. I have a sanke but the red is not balanced on his back :) Welcome!

Reaction score
You have a very pretty Sanke, good balance. I am not an expert either but from what I've found from my studies, Optimally a Sanke should have a red head no black on the head, which you have, 70% of the body should be red, about 10% black and the rest white. The black should be mostly on the white background and both red and black should be balanced. I say SHOULD because this is what is looked for in the higher end and show Koi. I have a sanke but the red is not balanced on his back :) Welcome!

Thanks a lot and that's what I was looking into, show koi. I noticed this koi stood out more then my female Sanke. The color just hit me harder and more vibrant then the female. I'm no expert either and I appreciate all you guys feedback. I'm learning more and more about the koi. I've had a pond for about 4 years now and I honestly just got that where it needed to be. Now focusing more on the koi is where I'm at.

Ask a Question