Sat by the pond watching the koi and then Monsoon season lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Val and I as we always like to do in the summer during the sunny weekends where sitting by the pond drinking a cup of Java just after we had fed the koi today.:D
It was warm and sunny with not a cloud as far as the eye could see and it looked like we'd spend a whole afternoon getting bronzned by the sun listening to the koi's favorite music station Planet Rock, (I kid you not , it stems back to their time indoors ):cool: .
All of a sudden the sky turned jet black then OMG the heavens opened up and a solid wall of water came out of the sky, the likes I have not seen since I was last in the US :eek:
As you know both Val and I have disabilities Val with her MD and me with my bad knees and chronic Osteo Arthritis, well at the speed we could leave the pond and head indoors " we got soaked to the skin":LOL:
I think it wise we stay indoors for the rest of the day :( as we dont want another one like that

Dave

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Dave,That was the good ole Mother nature sprinkling you with a shower of youth! I think she overfed you guys! LOL Glad to hear you got back in safe and sound! Just watched a video on facebook of a couple in Canada that their truck got hit by lightning. Lived to tell the story and to see what actually happened. Pretty amazing what mother nature pulls out of her sleeve sometimes!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dave,That was the good ole Mother nature sprinkling you with a shower of youth! I think she overfed you guys! LOL Glad to hear you got back in safe and sound! Just watched a video on facebook of a couple in Canada that their truck got hit by lightning. Lived to tell the story and to see what actually happened. Pretty amazing what mother nature pulls out of her sleeve sometimes!
Very true Larkin and the only ones who seemed to enjoy it " our koi ".
I hope your over your problems now and have worked out a system for your pond to stop the accident you had ever happening again , we are back on track with our own boys and girls

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Does not sound like a pretty sight Dave. MaMa nature can pull some real doozies on us at times. It's always nice when I'm halfway through my 6mile walk when the clouds open up and get me and I didn't bring an umbrella. Sorry you guys got dumped on and it ruined your party by the pond. At least your fish enjoyed it :X3:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Does not sound like a pretty sight Dave. MaMa nature can pull some real doozies on us at times. It's always nice when I'm halfway through my 6mile walk when the clouds open up and get me and I didn't bring an umbrella. Sorry you guys got dumped on and it ruined your party by the pond. At least your fish enjoyed it :X3:
That j.w.sort of reminds me when I used to take Naval trainees up on Dartmoor at the weekends when I served as ships company at HMS Raliegh the Naval boot camp . if it want heaving down it was a damp mist that got into everything soaking you to the skin ven with weather proof clothing on .
I've acctually seen it go from fine to blizzard conditions in one up there its that changable , here are a few photos from up there on a good day
princetown.jpg

ponie.jpg

ponies1.jpg

ponies2.jpg

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a good day it was when those pix were taken. It's lovely up there! Man that one white horse is chubby............maybe it's pregnant?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Very pregnant to say the least j.w. sadly for the ponies though they are virtually worthless and many go straight to slaughter one was bought for as little as 50.p a couple of years back as a rescue arrempt by a pony sanctury that is less than half a dollar in your money :(.
All this has been brought about by the European Union insisting that each pony has a sort of passport which is so expensive its not worth the farmer keeping these ponys on as a viable concern as they are subsistence farmers and to pay for these passports would bankrupt them :( .
Since this stupid rule came out the value of the ponys plummeted to the price I quoted earlier so very sad :(.

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh no now that is sad to hear and wish someone could do something about it :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no now that is sad to hear and wish someone could do something about it :(

Sadly people have tried everything from bulk buying ponys for a rescue centre but they dont have the funds to do this every time
People buying for their daughter take up one or two at each auction but the Irish come over and snap the rest up buying then in for slaughter in the european horse meat trade
The EU tells us to jump our Government says how high its sad really as non of the other countries ever seems to follow their directives like we brits do :(

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
REVOLUTION TIME?.............nobody wants a war and I understand that but some things are worth fighting for.....................lots of stuff not so much but some things yes. Not sure that ponies would fall into that category for most people tho.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5B
I seem to recall seeing a documentary about ponies that were once used for coal mining in Nova Scotia if I'm not mistaken. That practice is long in the past, but many ended up in sanctuaries, and now their descendants are in a bit of a plight as the folks who ran these sanctuaries aren't able to keep up with the costs associated. As for your skies opening up, we've had a few doosies here as well this year. Some parts of Toronto were flooded. The Don river over spilled it's banks and closed a major highway and rail line, and many homes had basements just filled with water..... Instant downpours sure put a damper on summer enjoyment (no pun intended).

Ask a Question