Scooped out leaves and such this morning......

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Slightly gray and cool out this morning so I went out and scooped leafs and such from the pond. One thing I really like about our Tetra Pond Debris Handling Pump is that I can use my powerful fine point hose nozzle to clean off the pumps side grids while standing on the pond side deck. The strange water spray goes right to the pump sitting on the bottom. Of course I do this with the pump turned off. Then I simply scoop up that same debris. Took less than 15 minutes to scoop the entire pond! Another day it will be time to flush the above ground bio filter. Moved from the pond to one of the flower beds. Oh my aching back! LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good going Lou but sorry about your back. I need to get out there and do some filter cleaning but rain is stopping me so far. That's a good enough excuse for now isn't it :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yes it is my friend. We are suppose to get heavy rains starting tomorrow. I'm use to the back aches. Four bad disks that cannot be repaired so I deal with it. We were going to buy a beautiful 12' Mary Nell Holly tree, full from top to bottom. Perfect pyramid shape. At the last minute we discovered the new tree would block Cathy's view when she backs out of the driveway. Can't take any chances. The driveway slopes quickly to the street. As much as we hate to I'm going to cancel the project. Glad we had not yet paid. :cool:

Have a nice day inside JW.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Good call Lou, I have seen too many driveways that have obstructed views make it difficult to pull safely out into traffic. Way to make sure you have another 35 years together!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love Holly trees, too bad you don't have a nice place for it to grow. Love that song The Holly and the Ivy................of all the trees that are in the wood the Holly bears the crown!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Beautiful song. Yes new tree is so lovely yet no other place to put it.

Our property is only 60' wide by 110' including the house. We have one giant Burr Oak, one single trunk specimen pink Crape Myrtle, four white Crape Myrtles grouped so they look like one tree, four watermelon Crape Myrtles, one multi-trunk Dersert Willow, one young Little Gem Magnolia, two Bald Cypress, one Red Bud, one American Holly, one Dog Wood plus a multitude of small bushes and plants. That's sixteen trees! Talk about nature! In this area of Dallas County the only trees a homesite has are the ones that have been planted. :D

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sad isn't it when one runs out of room to plant things? You simply must buy up the property next to you when it goes up for sale Lou. You do have lots of nice sounding trees. I need more..........hubby says we have enough. I say no such thing as enough trees or rocks :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it is my friend. We are suppose to get heavy rains starting tomorrow. I'm use to the back aches. Four bad disks that cannot be repaired so I deal with it. We were going to buy a beautiful 12' Mary Nell Holly tree, full from top to bottom. Perfect pyramid shape. At the last minute we discovered the new tree would block Cathy's view when she backs out of the driveway. Can't take any chances. The driveway slopes quickly to the street. As much as we hate to I'm going to cancel the project. Glad we had not yet paid. :cool:

Have a nice day inside JW.
Ouch Big Lou you have our sympathies Val had two of her vertibrae fuzed together because of discs they couldnt repair , she still gets the odd twinge from time to time in the winter .
As to your holly tree problem why not put it at the back of your property ?

Dave

Ask a Question