Scrubber Pad Question

Reaction score
I know some of you use scrubber pads in your filters. I'm thinking of doing this as well, but is there a certain brand I should buy? I know some scrubbers have chemicals in them for cleaning...

Reaction score
I have been using them for years in my aquariums and have always used the scotch brite pads. Check my thread on "get your skippy pads" But you hit the nail on the head...NO chemicals, soap etc and you'll be fine, brand won't matter. I am just wrapping my pond project and used them too...

Reaction score
I read lots of people buy their scrubbies from dollar stores. You may also want to get a mesh bag too from the dollar store. I'm kinda paranoid when it comes to this stuff. I would rather go for proven scubbies vs unproven. Too bad, I want the unproven route but everything seems to be okay.

I bought mine from the dollar store. There were two versions. One was 10 in a bag and 12 in a big. Difference was, the 10 in a bag (upon careful examination) the dye was actually coloured bits that is stuck on clear fibers.

The 12 in 1 bag colours were dyed into the fibers and decided to buy 120 bags of those.

I soaked them a long time. Both did produce some bubbly substance. But I ended up with the ones dyed into the fibers for two reasons: 1) dyed bits would eventually flake off over time 2) it still had that 'new' smell after 3 soakings.

Almost 1 week in. Koi eating like pigs. Healthy as can be. Water crystal clear (I didn't add bacteria supplement). Then again, I have 16 4.5-7" koi... basically 1 koi per 100G.

Ask a Question