Seal liner to concrete for my waterfall

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys it’s my first post here and I’m totally a newbee for ponds. My 6 kois really need your help!

The cause of the leak is: after a pond cleaning, I later observed that water was leaking at about 3-5 inch per day… Then I figured the issue is the gap between the liner and the concrete. Seems the glue (or whatever that sticks the liner and the concrete) is impacted by the pond cleaning.

What I need is a short term and long term solution:
- For short term I wish to make sure my kois can still have their toilet! Water quality has been low since I moved the pipe to bypass the toilet. What product can stick a concrete to the liner?
- For long term, is this plate + liner a good solution? Will the “glue” work for a relatively long time?

Thanks in advance to you pond guys!

3BF07E20-48AA-42F6-BA08-374A07B44CE0.jpeg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1632591361111.gif
@ronw
I can't help you on this subject but hope someone will come along soon to help you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Some have been successful with PL-S30 roofing adhesive. It comes in a tube that fits in a caulking gun. Since most liners are EPDM, which is the exact same material they use for some flat roofs, the PL-S30 will adhere very well to it. I'm sure it will also grip the concrete very well too.

I can't see how the water can get up over the liner and between it and the concrete. Or is the liner falling down?

Definitely try the PL-S30.

I hope you're not making a habit of completely cleaning out your pond. It's not exactly the best practice for several reasons.
My pond water has been in there for many years. I don't ever do water changes or scrub anything. Mine is as close to natural as possible. Nature does the water changes for me when it rains.
I never use any chemicals either.

My bog filter keeps my water crystal clear and maintenance is almost zero. I might net out some debris maybe in the fall and spring, but other than that, I just feed the fish and enjoy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
By the way, we can only see a portion of your setup in the picture.
What's that triangular section?

My compliments on the look. It looks like you built a nice sanctuary.
We love pictures. How about a couple more showing the whole thing?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

Maybe that is the koi toilet mentioned.

Ask a Question