Sealing the 32mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am totally new to garden ponds so please accept my ignorance.

I have had block built pond roughly holding around 1200 litres.

It is made from 200mm block work that is going to be rendered. I am planning to get from my submersible pump using 32mm flexible hose to my blades. The hole I was going to drill through the 200mm blockwork is going to be well below the water level. How do i seal this in as the hose is helical.

I was thinking of finding some 30mm rigid pipe that i can seal into the wall then jubilee clip the 32mm hose onto either side of the wall

Any ideas would be more than welcome

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1593621105296.gif
@pauloc123
Sorry I can't help w/block pond info.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I have never used it, but some people have used PL S30 sealant with good results. It comes in a tube that fits in a caulking gun.
I usually suggest using bulkhead fittings, but I don't think that would work with block. Maybe you can in fact use a bulkhead fitting. Perhaps you can use a piece of PVC pipe within the block to connect the two halves of the bulkhead fitting. One half with the gasket on the water side and the other half on the outside of the block. The internal piece of PVC would have to be the exact length to pull the two bulkhead sides firmly together. The internal pvc would need a male threaded adapter on one side and a female on the other. It's a crazy idea, but if it all fits tightly, it should seal good. The parts are not expensive either.

Ask a Question