Secondary (Mini) Waterfall From Filter Output?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My pond uses Aquascape components inc. skimmer / pump, filter (bio/UV), etc. There is a splitter that sends 1/2 the water up and over a waterfall and the other 1/2 to the bio filter. The filter has a clear plastic hose to discharge water back into the pond and the original installer put the hose under water. I was wondering if it was feasible to move the hose up and out of the water, surround it with some rocks and create a mini waterfall (3 or 4 inches above the water level).

Any input appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210118_150055843.jpg
    IMG_20210118_150055843.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210425_192756014.jpg
    IMG_20210425_192756014.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Why not?
Ideas are infinite.
Go for it.

If you need any pointers on building a waterfall, just ask.

The main thing is that it has a liner underneath all of it.

The liner should have a concave shape to it which will only allow any seeping water to flow back to the pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I relocated the filter output hose above the water and disguised it with a length of bamboo. I aimed the flow at a wide rock two disperse the water and it turned out pretty nice.

Attachments

• MiniFalls1.jpg
    MiniFalls1.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Great!
It just goes to show you....
You don't need to open your wallet, just use your imagination.

There are some here that have used a torch on a piece of PVC pipe to make it look like bamboo. You are using the real thing!

Some have heated the end of the PVC and crushed it a bit to get a different effect.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great!
It just goes to show you....
You don't need to open your wallet, just use your imagination.

There are some here that have used a torch on a piece of PVC pipe to make it look like bamboo. You are using the real thing!

Some have heated the end of the PVC and crushed it a bit to get a different effect.
I may have to look into that. Hopefully I can find a tutorial on technique, etc. If I can access a lathe I might be able to turn some PVC and cut the ridges, etc. common with bamboo and then use fusion paint. For now, the bamboo is good and we'll see how long it lasts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I may have to look into that. Hopefully I can find a tutorial on technique, etc. If I can access a lathe I might be able to turn some PVC and cut the ridges, etc. common with bamboo and then use fusion paint. For now, the bamboo is good and we'll see how long it lasts.
I think the real bamboo is great.
It just reminded me of the posts where people imitated it.
They created the brown tones by making quick passes with a torch.

Ask a Question