Seeking good fish vendors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
while I’d prefer to buy locally, there aren’t many fish vendors in my area. So I’ve been looking online. Who here has had good or bad experiences with online vendors? I’m starting to hunt to some nice fish, Addy has inspired me to look at Shubunkins, I’m interested in comets, common, and maybe koi if the price and shipping are right. I’m doing my research before spring gets here, when I’ll be able to add fish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Do you have a local garden center near you they are a great source for getting fish and getting rid of fish .I have 2 local garden centers that want my babies and told them as soon as winter is over I will bring them some .Plus I post on their board to give fish away .They sell the ones I bring and in trade I can get things at their garden centers for free or low cost

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ha. There is nothing but a Lowe’s, Walmart, and pet supply for fur babies, tractor supply, the closest real pet place is over an hour away. No garden centers unless you count Lowe’s and Walmart. I’m way out in a tiny town that everything closes by 10pm. Including our Walmart. I haven’t seen anything even on Craigslist about pond and garden forums, and I’ve been looking.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Jamie, are you just looking under forums on Craigslist? I do my searches under koi or fish. We have a local website here with forums but it seems to be the place where people who have nothing better to do but bash others.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a local website here with forums but it seems to be the place where people who have nothing better to do but bash others.
Chest thumping...............I am bigger and better and know more than you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I look under fish, pond, and aquarium. I’ve seen fish decorations, guided fishing trips, land with a pond, boats , fish finders, some tropical fish, used aquariums, a couple of big aquariums I’d love to buy. There’s a place in Kansas that sells pond kits, and some plants, but that’s all I’ve found.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oklahoma City Garden Ponds Unlimited .In Oklahoma city 200 W I -240 service road .Not sure how close that is to you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
About an hour and a half, maybe more. What little I saw of them online was pond kits, not much about fish or plants. So I guess most people here buy local or amazon.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have a sight on the internet .I know I have driven an hour to go to aquascape in NC and great place to get ideas/Plus bonus the last time I went down some one had free rocks out by the road .Sign said free so my sister and i braved the rain and got rocks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have a nice store and a websight
100_3235.JPG
100_3236.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've been buying my fish from NextDayKoi for the last 2 yrs and I really like it!
but I did notice that when I used to buy small 4-6" koi not all of them survived, once I started buying larger ones (10" and up) I stopped losing the new fish

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Living just outside OKC, I've been to the place sissy is talking about. They have quite a few koi and goldfish varieties that they sell (mostly smalls, a few bigger). Personally I think they are a bit overpriced (not just on the fish), but sometimes it's better than having to have the fish shipped. I just recently found another place in Edmond call Aquariums- Tropical Fish & Supply that has some freshwater fish as well. I haven't bought anything yet, but they are getting me some trapdoor snails and a hi fin banded shark. And their prices are MUCH more reasonable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I did end up going to the garden pond place, I got shubinkin from them.
Living just outside OKC, I've been to the place sissy is talking about. They have quite a few koi and goldfish varieties that they sell (mostly smalls, a few bigger). Personally I think they are a bit overpriced (not just on the fish), but sometimes it's better than having to have the fish shipped. I just recently found another place in Edmond call Aquariums- Tropical Fish & Supply that has some freshwater fish as well. I haven't bought anything yet, but they are getting me some trapdoor snails and a hi fin banded shark. And their prices are MUCH more reasonable.
If you need more goldfish, I’ve got plenty.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm good for now. I actually think a couple of mine are preggers (or whatever you call it in fish). Just looking to add some algae control and plants for now. Assuming I get some fry, you are of course welcome to some of them!

Ask a Question