Seen a Bobcat yesterday

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yesterday was one of our highlights in photography. We photographed our first Bobcat, we have seen them but a quick far off glimpse. This was an amazing experience to watch and see this cat do its thing. This was not our yard but well worth the drive to try to locate it.

Bobcat in the Snow by A & R Photography, on Flickr

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful! I would love to see one, I am happy to see our red fox.

Yesterday watched two male bald eagles do a aerial fight, locked together diving to the ground. A bit later saw both fly off. They landed back in the woods somewhere.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I don’t see wild bobcats around here, but I’ve seen the results of them, so I know they are here. However I daily see Bob’s cat. She has him pinned now. Yes, dads name is Bob, so I get to play with this pun on the regular!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 48
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful! I would love to see one, I am happy to see our red fox.

Bobcat in the Snow by A & R Photography, on Flickr
They are amazing animals all right When i do constructability i rarely see them but know in a instance when they see me. Very agile cats i have only seen a small handful myself. Were you in a blind? Where did you get um. Tack sharp as always.
The last one i saw was in the city of Milford ct. and that was no small cat I estimated he was damn near 30" tall if not more. Like you said they are usually way off in the distance as this one was. The photo is full crop The curb was 10" i height
BOBCAT 125809216900901_20181209_213608550-2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have always wanted to get the snowy owl but every time i went out i struck out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love the pose he's in like yeah go ahead make my day . that face and the slight twist of the head says brining it on .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
They are amazing animals all right When i do constructability i rarely see them but know in a instance when they see me. Very agile cats i have only seen a small handful myself. Were you in a blind? Where did you get um. Tack sharp as always.
The last one i saw was in the city of Milford ct. and that was no small cat I estimated he was damn near 30" tall if not more. Like you said they are usually way off in the distance as this one was. The photo is full crop The curb was 10" i height View attachment 136648
Crop or not still you got something, I never had prior. I had a good sighting in CT also a couple years back but had no camera with me. I pulled over on the side of the road and it just sat in the field looking at me. I am sorry but I can't disclose the location per the owner of the area. I was not in a blind. We first got there around 2 and found it but fairly far off. We watched it for awhile hunting a bit, a couple of pounces. Then we watched it to where it laid down under some brush and slept. We watched in the car, around 4:30 it came out and down the hill towards us and closer coming out of the brush. We just walked with it on the roadway taking shots, we had 800mm lenses so we where not that close, it did not care we where there at all. It sat down a couple times too and just looked as us then went back doing its thing. I have a few more shots, just have to process them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He was still in the change to the winter plumage was cool. I have seen them as the buzz over my head as they lift abruptly to climb and avoid us on the Right of way. they use those corridors to fly south and every time i have seen them they are 5 feet off the ground and a blur here one minute gone the next .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
AH i knew it i figured you had that bad boy at your disposal often wish I had gone cannon. The comparable nikon has to be 20k now if not more. The new bagger took precedence over new gear this year so i guess i can't complain . Not to mention shooting on the east coast is so lame compared to the west. IT'S got to be the same as Costa Rica to the east coast . The last shooting i realy did was before i built the pond. It was several weeks the Tetons Colorado rockies , Moab and the arches , and toped it off at Yellowstone . Other then the fall here it's all a bit short
2016 11-21-2020.jpg

Ask a Question