Not open for further replies.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
For others who don't know my process before I sell the Trimmings of my flowering emersed aquatic plant setups here is the actions I take;

I go into the greenhouse and check all my bins (daily) and usually every week they need in order to stay healthy, a good trim to encourage a certain area of plant growth within one individual plant.

Once I inspect the plants to make sure they are no deficiency's going on or around, or funguses, etc
I make sure (weekly) they don't need a trimming, they do normally about every week so that's my maintenance schedule for them.

Once I trim all my plants (usually end up having about 2lbs of plant trimmings per species) I either decide to sell them for a cheap price, because its better than throwing them into the garbage. To get a plant to go around so others can enjoy and grow themselves, to witness the beauty of something of that size and nature.
once that is done and they are either thrown away, or sold.

The cycle starts over again (weekly)

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Speaking of advertising, why do I keep getting ads asking me if I want to date hot Russian women?
I would rather buy fish and plants.

Send those ones to me, Mitch!
lau.gif

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Speaking of advertising, why do I keep getting ads asking me if I want to date hot Russian women?
I would rather buy fish and plants.
That made my day lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I guessed he/she was a teen in one of the first posts - the "hundreds a week, rounded up" was a giveaway. And I expected the "plants for sale" post, too, based on the earlier post.

@DutchMuch - you're getting hung up on what the post looked like that got pulled. It's the intent that matters, not the actual post. You said you chose the wording of the title as marketing - that's commercial activity.

If your interest is to spread the propagation and knowledge of your hobby, how about offering free cuttings? Or for the cost of postage?

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If your interest is to spread the propagation and knowledge of your hobby, how about offering free cuttings? Or for the cost of postage?
like ive said numerous times, I profit this hobby, with the hobby. I make no money, it goes to the plants which I sell to you all for example.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well, that's pretty much what businesses do... put money back into the business to make more money. Essentially what you're selling is costing you nothing, as it would otherwise be disposed of. So how would you not make money? Profit that you use to have fun (aka "expand the hobby") is what we call a paycheck.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
put money back into the business to make more money
but im not making money? im putting the money you consider me "making" back into my setups so I can provide them to you all

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Nope. That's your hobby you're supporting. if you were "providing" them to all of us, you wouldn't be charging for them. I don't have a problem with it, but what you're doing is commercial. It's like the difference between someone having a garage sale and someone running a resale shop - they might be selling the same type of merchandise, but one is doing it to get rid of some stuff; the other is running a business.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Nope. That's your hobby you're supporting. if you were "providing" them to all of us, you wouldn't be charging for them. I don't have a problem with it, but what you're doing is commercial. It's like the difference between someone having a garage sale and someone running a resale shop - they might be selling the same type of merchandise, but one is doing it to get rid of some stuff; the other is running a business.
I cant change how someone views things, ill say it again, this is not a commercial "business" and isn't a business at all. I gave you guys the "cycle" on how I do this and for what reason, to expand the uncommon plants across the hobby(s) and make them more popular and for other people to enjoy.
Your opinion or take on it I guess, its just a dog chasing his tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question