Sequence 4200SE12 pump problem - no suction

Reaction score
Country
United States
My pump is about 15 months old. During the last very cold winter we lost electricity and the pump drained. I remember last year I filled the water container one time and the pump started immediately. I was impressed. This year is just the opposite. I have been trying to load water in the water container for 2 days. I pour water in and the water drains out the suction hose into the pond. I have no time to screw on the clear plastic top. By the time I get the top on the container it is half empty so suction isn't established and the pump has no water to pump.

I thought maybe there was a small hole in the hose. I took sections off the hose and reduced its length by 75%. now the hose is about 8 feet long. I examined the hose coupling and the remaining hose carefully and found no holes.

I must be missing something obvious.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
How does your suction line exit your pond, over the top ,out of a skimmer, bottom drain

If you had a check valve on the end of the suction line it could be stuck open

Reaction score
Country
United States
How does your suction line exit your pond, over the top ,out of a skimmer, bottom drain

If you had a check valve on the end of the suction line it could be stuck open

thank you for your reply.

My pond is rally our old 30,000 gallon swimming pool that we turned into a combo Koi and goldfish pond about 15 years ago. There is no check valve. The pump enters the pool from the top right next to the diving board.

I spoke to Sequence tech support today. They said air is the problem. Either the suction line has a hole or the connections are not air tight. I took off the suction tube flexible, black plastic tubing and wrapped plumbers tape around the ridged conector. I also put a radiator hose clamp around the connection. I re-tightened the other connections. Still no suction..

Sequence also said that the tubing might have hole. I don't see how but I guess I will replace the tubing next.

Ask a Question