Sequence 750 4200SEQ12 pump

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and need a replacement sequence 750 filter asap. I don't have the minimum 10 posts so i cannot PM. I am hoping DoDad reads this. My zip code is 91770. Thanks in advance

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
There you go. Before long I should think that he should respond.

Are you locked in to that pump? I've heard mixed reviews of the Sequence pumps, heard them called "cheap" pumps a lot. Have you considered upgrading to a Sequel Kohaku pump? Longer warranty period, and a really well built pump, in that same size range. I think it is a bit more expensive, but lower electricity usage. Just a thought.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Could you point me in the direction of this quote?
hewhoisatpeace said:
I've heard mixed reviews of the Sequence pumps, heard them called "cheap" pumps a lot. QUOTE]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've been running 2 750 4200's on my pond for seven years 24/7/365 and not a hiccup.
When I purchased them I also bought one for a backup. It's still in the box and the warranty has run out.

Reaction score
nebriowa said:
I am new to this forum and need a replacement sequence 750 filter asap. I don't have the minimum 10 posts so i cannot PM. I am hoping DoDad reads this. My zip code is 91770. Thanks in advance

nebriowa, Have you been able to obtain or order another pump? which type did you order?
I am redoing my pond this winter and had been planning on buying the Sequence 750.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Where did you see these reviews?
hewhoisatpeace said:
Like I said, mixed reviews. Haven't actually experienced one for myself, but have seen the Kohaku in action.

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
I don't even recall, in one or more forums I've visited or lurked in. As I've said, I haven't actually experienced one for myself. I tend to stick with a pump that I've at least heard nothing bad about. I certainly am not defending this view, it is an opinion. I'll retain my opinion until such time as I am shown to be wrong. I certainly don't have the experience to refute your opinions of this pump. You know, though, I did use bad information in that quote of what I said, and I'll have to apologize to Nebriowa for that. The term "a lot" should be replaced with "more than once", as twice is certainly not "a lot". My thoughtless error.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As a dealer of many name brand pumps the two most reliable brands are the Sequence and Performance Pro pumps. I've had only one Sequence 4200 fail and it was 7 years old. The customers pump pit flooded and the pump was submerged in water. They dried it out and it ran perfectly till the bearing got corroded and the pump stopped.
I am a member of many forums and never heard of the Sequence being called "cheap" pumps.
I would recommend them to anyone that wanted a good reliable pump W/ low operating cost.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
I know this is a old tread but I wanted to add. I just purchased one of these from DoDad and couldn't be happier. It has taken the place of 3 pondmaster magdrives that cost more to purchase and operate. I went with the primer pot/leaf basket. With all the money I wasted trying to "save money" on cheap pumps, I should have bought this one first.

Attachments

• P6060019 (Custom).JPG
    P6060019 (Custom).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 439

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
my sequence is running fine also koidaddy, have one as a back up just in case lol

The primer pot works fantastic too

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I purchased one too and completely satisfied!!! Works great. I didn't get the priming pot or the leaf basket.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I couldn't be happier with my sequence pump, has been running 24/7 9months a year for 6 years and not one problem.

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Since my original posting on this thread, I have been proven wrong, and am in support of the Sequence pump. I should have spent more time confirming any rumor I had once heard, as these pumps perform very well, and very efficiently.

Ask a Question