Sequence Pump vs. Performance Pro

Reaction score
I have a 3000 gal. water garden with an Aquadyne 1.1b filter. I am currently using a Cyprio Prima 3400 xl submersible pump. It is a 670 watt pump and not that good of a fit. I am looking to replace with either a Sequence or a Performance Pro external pump. I have read a lot of good things about both brands, but I was wondering if one is better then the other?

Thanks,

Mike

Camper Man

Pond Curator
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will chime in soon who has experience with one of those external pumps. Just curious, why is the Cyprio Prima a bad fit for the bead filter?

Reaction score
Hi there,

Everything I've been told is that an external pump is a much better fit with a bead filter. I'm still researching, but the 670 watts makes it a killer on the electric bill. I was hoping to get some response.......i'll be patient.:icon_smile:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Most of us are winging it. You are after specifics on a pump you already know more about than most of us. Why don't you read the specs on the system you are looking at since only you know exactly how it is going to be used. If it has to run 24/7 then make sure it does enough water exchanges and does not exceed your electrical budget or circuit.

Reaction score
Hi DrDave,

I understand what you are saying. I was just hoping there were people out there that had experience with these pumps that could give any pro's and con's of each. I realize that everyone's setups are different and what is right for one might not be right for the other.

Reaction score
I don't know much about the Performance Pro, but I do own 2 Sequence external pumps, Sequence primer 7200 and a Sequence power 1000 (9200) Both pumps are great ane the customer service is excellent.

John

Reaction score
I went with the Performance Pro A 1/4-49. I just got it up and running today. So far so good! It is quiet and the water fall looks like Niagra Falls.

Reaction score
We receive quite a few inquiries from pond owners wondering which external pond pump is the best choice for their specific needs. Since every pond is different, there is no universally accepted "best" answer when it comes to making a pump recommendation. But most experts would agree that an energy efficient self-priming external pump is required for use in any pond having a large waterfall or pressurized bead filter system installed. And when it comes to choosing a quality external pond pump, most professional pond builders would agree that some of the best options available on the market today include Elite Primer Pro Pumps, PerformancePro Artesian2 Pumps, Sequence Primer Champion Pumps, and WLim Dragon Series I Pumps. With so many quality options available to choose from, it can be difficult for many pond owners to identify the best option for their specific needs. Below are the actual published performance curves of the leading self-priming external pumps from today’s leading manufacturers. We hope you find this information helpful.

primerpumpcomparison1.jpg

primerpumpcomparison2.jpg

primerpumpcomparison3.jpg

primerpumpcomparison4.jpg

sequenceelitecomparison.jpg

PerformancePro Artesian2 Pumps are new improved versions on the classic Artesian line of external pumps. Artesian2 pond pumps feature larger priming pots, superior flow rates, and better energy efficiency compared to the original. PerformancePro Artesian2 Pumps feature Baldor motors exclusively; however power cords do not come standard. An additional cost is required if you wish to have an Artesian2 Pump pre-wired with cord at the manufacturer. While flow rates and max head are virtually identical between Elite Primer Pro Series and Elite Primer Pro Baldor Series Pumps, classic Elite Primer Pro Series Pumps offer superior energy efficiency due to their custom engineered Elite motors. All Elite Primer Pro Pumps come standard with extra-long 15’ cord with molded plug. While primarily known for their smaller offerings, the Sequence line of Primer Champion Pumps offers comparable performance to other leading manufacturers, albeit at a significantly higher retail price point. These pumps feature 8’ power cords. WLim Dragon Series I Pumps, featuring Baldor motors, are often recommended by some of today’s leading professional pond builders. All pumps discussed herein are covered by a 3 year warranty by their respective manufacturer. And based on our experience, each manufacturer has been responsive to any warranty issues brought to their attention.

Ask a Question