Shooting waterbeams between 3 bushes.

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi!

This isent directly a pond question but atleast its about water and a garden. Hope thast ok!

I am trying to help my mom building something like this(Picture) for her garden. To get water beams shooting between 3 diffrent bushes. Have anyone done something similer to this? Or know where to get more information? English isent my native languange and I cant find any good searches on google about what something like this is called.

Any tips on equipment that can make the 3 diffrent waterbeams in the bushes able to shoot by themself without another one doing it at the same time? Will i need a pump with 3 diffrent outputs or is there any other equipment that switches between 3 outputs?

Thanks for reading!

//Johan H

IMG_3358.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi, welcome!
I've seen this at water parks. No clue how to make it but it would be cool!
Good luck!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi, Johan! Sweden -- that's pretty cool! :)

I, too, know exactly what you are talking about. There is one in EPCOT at Disney World [my favorite place]!

I Googled "shooting water fountain" and did find some information, so that might be a good place for you to start. Here is one DIY [do it yourself] link that I copied -- it's over my head and way over my ability level, though, but you might be more mechanically and electrically-minded than I am.

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/imagineering/leapfrog.html

In the above link they talked about timing switches which would be how you get the jets to fire in sequence.

Most of what I found, says you'd need a water feature of some sort as a base for the water jets, which makes sense. The ones that you see that are above ground but not in a pool, probably have an underground reservoir where the pumps live. I don't know how you would do it so it would just go between shrubs -- unless you had a series of underground reservoirs..... Notice in the picture you included, there are rocky areas, probably where they have the pumps stashed.

Good luck, and if you figure it out, PLEASE come back and let us know how you did it -- with lots of pictures!

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi, Johan! Sweden -- that's pretty cool! :)

I, too, know exactly what you are talking about. There is one in EPCOT at Disney World [my favorite place]!

I Googled "shooting water fountain" and did find some information, so that might be a good place for you to start. Here is one DIY [do it yourself] link that I copied -- it's over my head and way over my ability level, though, but you might be more mechanically and electrically-minded than I am.

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/imagineering/leapfrog.html

In the above link they talked about timing switches which would be how you get the jets to fire in sequence.

Most of what I found, says you'd need a water feature of some sort as a base for the water jets, which makes sense. The ones that you see that are above ground but not in a pool, probably have an underground reservoir where the pumps live. I don't know how you would do it so it would just go between shrubs -- unless you had a series of underground reservoirs..... Notice in the picture you included, there are rocky areas, probably where they have the pumps stashed.

Good luck, and if you figure it out, PLEASE come back and let us know how you did it -- with lots of pictures!

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the answers! I have some thoughts on how to do it with pumps/switches but need more insight and information what other people use. Thanks for the link Mmathis, will check that out.

Will provide pictures but it surely will take some time to get all of this working.

//Johan

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
maybe you can use sprinkler valves on some type of timer
The water would have too be filtered to keep the valves working

Ask a Question