Should I try and create a laminar flow on my waterfall?

Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently installed a 3 tier watercourse on my 10,000l pond. However, it is a lot louder than I had thought it was going to be and also ripples the water a bit more than I would like. I have just placed some strong plastic bags on each course which folds over the front of each course and meets the next one to see if making the flow "laminar" would quieten it down, reduce splashing and disturb the surface less. This seems to have worked quite well, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I could use permanently attached to the front of each course to create a sort of curtian for the water to flow over evenly? I am thinking that the material will need to be rhe same sort of flexibily as sheet lead so that I can bend it and cut it. the colour of the courses are a slatey colour.

Any help much appreciated, Shaun

Reaction score
cheers, i may do that, although I think I have found a solution. I will be buying some clear PVC flexible strips to place on the edges of the falls so the water flows as one reducing splash and noise. I just need to find a way of attaching them securely to the edges of the courses....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have done that with faucet drips to get rid of the drip until it could be fixed. A string, piece of fishing line, etc.

Ask a Question