Should I turn off my fountains

Reaction score
Should I turn of my fountains at night because of the neighbors or should I just leave them on, I would not want to keep them up all night from the noises in my pond

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Usually running water is relaxing as I have found myself sitting on the deck and drifting off to the sound of the water

Reaction score
I know that they call it "white noise" which is supposed to be relaxing but at the same time the water gets really loud sometimes so I will ask them and see if it bothers them I can turn it off at night when I'm not using it,but I can use a diverted valve to keep my filter on

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
could you just put something like a rock up by where the water comes out to keep it from making as much noise or is that impossible to do

Reaction score
well it is a fountain head that sticks out of the water and shoots water up like a sprinkler so that would be impossible, i will be putting in parrots feather so i dont think oxygenation is a problem

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
talal101 said:
well it is a fountain head that sticks out of the water and shoots water up like a sprinkler so that would be impossible, i will be putting in parrots feather so i dont think oxygenation is a problem

In order to keep the water noise to a minimum, Talal, please try to use a super-fine-fountain-head (i.e., an 1,000 hole nozzle vs 400 holes). That's how I've solved my noisy-fountain-problem. By the way, an anonymous guy called a cop on me a few year back while I was constructing my new pond...Hmmm... now I don't want to give him any good excuse to call the cop :yikesu: again.

Here's my fountain with four 1,000-hole-nozzles:
[ame]

Reaction score
That does sound cool but we have some pretty windy weather here so I think that, the wind would blow the water all over and yeah I think I will just turn it off rather than have a chance of causing trouble

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
talal101 said:
That does sound cool but we have some pretty windy weather here so I think that, the wind would blow the water all over and yeah I think I will just turn it off rather than have a chance of causing trouble

Windy? Perhaps it's different strokes for different folks... Hmm... if I were you I would just turn the nozzles 180 degrees down from skyward to groundward. If there's a will...there's a way :yikesu::wink::wink:. See my video:

[ame]

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would ask the neighbors, that way they know you care about them (well if you do lol jk)
But you might also want to turn them off to save on water, evaporation is high with fountain type features. I don't recall if you are on a well or city water.

I am setting my system up to turn the stream/ water falls off at night, less chance of a blockage happening, and less evaporation over all. We protect our well even though it appears to be a good one. I don't want to have to add tons of water.

Ask a Question