Should I wait ?

Reaction score
I was thinking of replanting my plants in pea gravel after i cut them back this weekend, but something tells me i should wait till spring. Any suggestions>?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I would wait until spring ...the plant is happy now going into winter...
In the spring it will want more room
Did you ever get a open bloom on the lotus ?

Reaction score
No open bloom on the lotus, the petals just died and fell off. I'm only left with the seed pods. I have 2 more questions.

1) Should I cut back the plants that are still green? Or just the ones that stopped growing and are just dying off for the winter.

2)Is it possible to start lotus plants from the seed pods?

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Hi OldHead,

I agree with DrCase, Don't change or transplant anything until spring just as things are starting to warm up. I really like using pea gravel instead of the more expensive substrate material. It's much easier to clean up if a plant gets upset in your pond.

I wouldn't cut back any green plants just yet, wait until they are starting to turn or until they look like they are going to start dying back.

I was snooping online, and I found that Lotus plants can be started from seed. It's not as easy to find a source for seeds as it is a large variety of Lotus plants. If I remember right Tricker.com has some information on Lotus seeds.

Ask a Question