Showcase your pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We have introduced a whole new section to the site - Showcase! :)

This new section allows you to showcase your pond in a better way than just using a discussion topic - you can put all the relevant information together in one place, so that it isn't spread over a long topic.

There are sections for:
  • Overview - which can be a general description of your pond and what stage it's at, you can also include specifications here (such as size, type, filtration etc)
  • Planning and Construction - show others how you created your pond (you can leave this blank if you want, and it won't appear)
  • Fish / Plant Stock
  • Photos of your pond (click on 'Upload Images to Gallery' to populate this section)
  • Discussion topic
When you create a showcase, it will automatically generate a discussion topic to accompany it. If you already have an existing showcase topic and want it linked to your new showcase, then please send me a message and I will link it for you. (Edit: see my post on this below)

As your pond evolves over time you can update your showcase to reflect the changes. You can also have more than one showcase if you have more than one pond.

We really hope you enjoy this new feature! As always, if you have any questions please let me know.

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have one you could link, way behind in updating it. I like the idea of having sections and a discussion area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not a problem - once you have created the showcase just let me know and I'll link the old topic to the new showcase :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ok got it , create a new showcase to link the old showcase to it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just added a showcase, of course all of my photos are home or on photobucket. we are on a hotspot down here, way to problematic to add via photobucket, takes forever to load the photos. So my show case will be slowly built
I like how it works and the tabs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Good morning, Becky. Can you tell me how to make portrait photos rotate so they show up vertical on the showcase? They open and display properly in photoshop, but they are horizontal in the showcase.

Thanks, and really like the site!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
On second thoughts, merging the topics may not be the best idea if they are very large - it will mean that there is a lot of content to sift through before you get to the actual discussion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, Becky. Can you tell me how to make portrait photos rotate so they show up vertical on the showcase? They open and display properly in photoshop, but they are horizontal in the showcase.

Hmmm I'm not sure why this is happening, but we'll take a look as soon as we can - might be tomorrow though, if that's ok.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

I've fixed this manually for you now :). It's to do with "EXIF" camera rotation I think, but a fix for this is coming soon :D.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I went back to add info under fish/plant the tab is gone. Does it disappear if you don't fill it at first posting?

duhhhhhhh never mind you have to EDIT to see it lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I went back to add info under fish/plant the tab is gone. Does it disappear if you don't fill it at first posting?

duhhhhhhh never mind you have to EDIT to see it lol

It shouldn't appear to members unless you have added content to it (so that you don't have empty tabs) - but as you rightly say, it's still there when you edit the showcase so that you can add content.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I like this new feature! This will be very nice keeping the photos together, details together and leaving a spot for discussion. Great idea!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi,
I would like to make a showcase from start to finish, when I start digging for my next pond next year, but I didn't quite understand if all the images end up all together, or is there a way to put the images in the proper section?

Ask a Question