Sick fish?

Reaction score
I have only goldfish in my pond (and 1 Pleco) and several of them have developed tiny white flecks on them. At first I mistook them for tiny air bubbles. The fish are all swimming and eating fine, this doesn't seem to be affecting them. Anyone know what this is or if it is harmful?:wink:
Thanks!

Reaction score
All My Goldfish are the same but are now dieying of one by one had 38 yesterday now down to 29 how can we stop it

Darren

Reaction score
Well, they are all still alive and active.
I tried to net one to get a close up but this was the best I could do. Fast little suckers.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 376
Reaction score
Well, the white flecks seem to be going away on most of the affected ones and no others have gotten them. I have not seen any behavioral changes except that my water is much colder now and it seems to keeping all of the fish near the bottom.
I guess it has resolved itself. I am pretty sure it was Ich, but none died. Is Ich usually deadly?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Try treating them with salt. Goto my web site and there is a link to the Univ of Florida on how to use salt for treatment.

Ask a Question