Sick Koi!

Reaction score
I have a large Koi with a swollen body. It's to the left as you are looking from the top of it.
It was eating ok until the last couple of days. Now it is coming up for food, but spitting it out.
Any idea what's wrong & what I can do to help? The Koi is of considerable size, so is my pond.
I do have a small pond I can use as a hospital if necessary.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
inexkoikeeper said:
I have a large Koi with a swollen body. It's to the left as you are looking from the top of it.
It was eating ok until the last couple of days. Now it is coming up for food, but spitting it out.
Any idea what's wrong & what I can do to help? The Koi is of considerable size, so is my pond.
I do have a small pond I can use as a hospital if necessary.

Can you send me a picture? There is a link on my website.

Reaction score
Ooooo I'm not able to do that. I'm not that clever with digital cameras/computers.

We are going away tomorrow for a couple of days. I'll get my Hubby to take a photo & ask my Son/Son in Law to show me how--if it is still alive.

Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Would just like to say the Koi is now feeding.

The swelling is still there, but the fish is at least eating & all the others appear healthy.

I think it might be a tumour.

I've noticed that I have many young fish in the weeds today. I'm hoping they are Koi, but I bet they're goldfish.

Thanks anyway.

Ask a Question