Sick Koi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, I have noticed my koi are developing some white spots on body and fins. Right now I have them inside in a plastic pond because of winter. Can anyone determine what this is and what is a good treatment for it. Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20210203_012950189.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210203_012950189.MP.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 61

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Normally I would start out by asking what size pond you have, what kind of filtration, how many, any what size are your fish? What are your water parameters (tests for pH, ammonia, etc.). However, since you say you have them moved inside, in plastic pond for the winter....not sure any of these questions is going to help. Just be sure your current water is in good condition.

It could be a tumor or carp pox or the beginnings of a bacterial infection. As to how to treat it....it depends on the cause, and I don’t believe in blind treatments. Is this the only fish with this? Is the fish acting any different? Stress can bring on problems that normally wouldn’t bother a fish. If it’s carp pox, there is no cure, but it’s not fatal. KOIPHEN.COM might be able to give you better advice.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1612373225333.gif
@CubaSi
Not sure but could be a virus I read about online. Do a search on fish w/cauliflower looking lump.

Ask a Question