Signing out

Reaction score
Even tho I sign out of the forum...and i know i'm signed out because it has that section inviting you to be a member and how to register stuff. Plus my user name is not showing after I sign out. but everytime i come back to the forum, i'm already signed in...even tho I did not sign myself in. I'm not really complaining here...I mean it's really kinda convienent. But, I am wondering how that is and why I don't have to sign in again, after already signing out.
Thanks,
Susan
And, if it is a convience thing, well thanks to that, too.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Susan,

I can't explain why it's saying that you're signed in if you've clicked the log out button. Does pressing F5 to refresh the page show that you are indeed logged out? Sometimes the browser will cache the old page from when you are signed in, so it could be that?

I'm patching the software in the next couple of days anyway, so if this is a bug then it should hopefully be fixed then.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
A lot of forums have a box you can check that says "keep me checked in on this computer" I use that setting on places I go often.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
And the Like button switches to unlike after you click it but does not show that you liked anything there anymore. My F5 button is not set to refresh my pages for some reason. Not the forums problem tho.........this one is mine. Just comes up w/ the Open File pop up box. I'll have to do it differently that's all :neutral:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok tried clearing my cache but didn't change the LIKE situation.

Reaction score
No, it says I', signed out when I hit the sign out button. But, what i'm saying is, even after logging off and shutting down my puter, the next time I go the the forum...I'm signed in. That's without signing back in, after signing out the last time I'd been visiting. I also don't recall seeing anywhere that I could choose to remain signed in. Although, I have used the log in anonomously, where it doesn't show my username.
but it's ok with me, to not have to log in every time. But could possibly have security issues that would be of some concern. So just letting you know what's going on, that's all

Have a great day,
Susan

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Ok it has been a while so not sure I remember this right.

But upon signing in your browser downloads a cookie (Hey thats what it is called) in a sence it is a page/file that remembers this site and how you want to view things stay sighed in or not.

I think what is happening is that your browser is using your old cookie/file where you clicked sign me in automatically.

So what you want to do/try
In your browser go to tools go down to Options click that a small window will open at the top
you will see tabs click the privacy tab go down a little you will see delete cookies or you can just delete the cookie for this site.
After that come back here you will have to sign in but don't click auto sign in
then log off
If I am right when you come back after that you will have to sign in/log in.

Ruben

Ask a Question