Silent pump

Reaction score
My pond is 2600 gallons, rectangular, formal design. This is the second pond that i have built myself. The walls are cut stone mortared with slate top pieces all around. It is surrounded on two sides by hofsta and ground cover and yard on the other two sides. It is right next to the screen porch, which allows us to really enjoy the small waterfall at the far end of the pond. It is very soothing. We have about 35 fancy gold fish and multiple water lillies. The pond is 6 years old and we love it.

The skimmer is between the porch and the pond. My problem is the new submersible pondmaster pump makes a humming noise that is very noticeable when sitting on the screen porch. This pump replaced a smaller one that I should not have purchased. The one that was in the skimmer for almost 6 years was quiet, as was the one I had in the first pond at our previous home. And I cannot remember the name of that pump! I think it is my age kicking in here. Can someone point me in the right direction.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Stonelee
My pondmaster 2400 is down 3ft under water and I can't hear it. Have had it for 13yrs. Next time I'm getting a Laguna tho due to it's power saving quality.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've a couple Pond Masters, but have hear Laguna's are quiet. Is it vibrating on something....could you put some foal around it, or rest it on it?

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
could you put some foal around it
How many foals?
foal-development.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
also what do you have your pump sitting on as that could be making the noise instead of the pump .I hang my pumps from an electrical conduit pipe .It is easy to do this with my pond since it is rectangular .I think he meant foam :)

Reaction score
Here is my pond, sowing the skimmer between the pond and the porch. It is in about 18 inches of water. The waterfall is to the left of the white plant in the foreground. Not to worry, that is William, a carved heron sitting on the skimmer. I will try putting a piece of the coaurse filter material under the pump to see if that quiets it. To answer the question what type fish, fantails, comets, blackmoor, calico shubunkin calico fantail, They are happy fish, if happiness is judged by their reproductive propensities, I have given away about 25 and still their numbers increase each Spring. That is my wife's leg in the photo, to anticipate someone's question.

I really appreciate the comments. I do wish I had purchased a Laguana.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great looking pond and the white plant is dust miller .I have them planted with artemisha and lambs ear .It make for a nice bright garden .I have given lots of babies away also .love that it is by your screened in porch ,easy bug free viewing

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
dusty miller poor horsey you can check out the prefilters that colleen and jw use

Ask a Question