Silly Ducks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We ran our flood irrigation for the first time this year yesterday.

*Flood irrigation is snow run off from the mountains, channeled into a series of canals in the valley, to a series of smaller canals, to property with water rights for use to irrigate your land without using city water.

Anyway, I was walking back from shutting off the water and I noticed two ducks flying in. I could tell they were not going for the pond as they usually do, but instead the flooded lawn behind the pond. They landed as if they were landing in a body of water and proceeded to swim around, no doubt eating all the little bugs and critters surfacing from the flooded ground.

Silly ducks.
DSCN0204.JPG DSCN0206.JPG DSCN0208.JPG DSCN0209.JPG DSCN0210.JPG DSCN0212.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the reason they did that is all the bugs are near the surface of ground and the ducks are bugging out .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen turkeys do that here in a low spot in my yard when we get heavy rain it fills with water and turkeys love getting all the bugs that float up .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do you know what variety of Salvia ? It is a very unusual color blue. I love it.

Ask a Question