SIMPLE MATH COINCIDENCE?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
TAKE THE LAST TWO DIGITS OF THE YEAR OF YOUR BIRTH & ADD YOUR CURRENT AGE...DOES IT EQUAL 111?

FOR EXAMPLE: MY YEAR OF BIRTH.....1962.........62
MY AGE......................................49.........+49
EQUALS....................................................111
IT WORKS ON MINE...HOW ABOUT YOURS?
THIS MATH SHOULD BE TRUE FOR EVERYONE THIS YEAR.....LETS SEE....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Had to find out why so here's what I found:

There are actually a lot of people who do think there is some sort cosmic meaning to this phenomenon. I don’t mean to make fun. My brain automatically searches for a mathematical explanation, but it’s quite common for people’s brains to go straight for a mystical explanation.
The reason this happens is pretty simple. We are living in a different century than the one we were born in. (This only works for people born in the 1900s.) So, the last two digits of our birth year + the age we were at the end of that century will equal 100 years, a complete century.
To explain that a bit further, the last two digits of your birth year represents the number of years that passed in that century. (Example, 1976 was 76 years after the beginning of the 20th century.) The age you turned at the end of the century, 2000, represents the remaining years from your birth year to the end of the century. A century is 100 years, so when you add these two numbers, you will get 100. (I was born in 1976 and turned 24 in 2000: 76+24=100.)
Since this is 11 years after the turn of the century, 2011, our birth year + our age this year = 100+11, or 111.
So, the next time you see something like this posted on facebook or being talked about at a party, you can marvel your friends with your smartypantsedness.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
j.w....your not supposed to tell............thats the whole idea...to see how amazed/fascinated some folks will get!! ....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh my bad koiguy.............just call me bummer and I'll remember that for next time and I'll really play into the cosmicness of it all, lol

cosmicgif.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OMG, this post thread definitely had me laughing out loud. First, for JW to figure it out .... who care after all? LOL Then "Whisky's" wizard wand doesn't work :) And JW, there you go again with those super attachments. Where in the world did you find that??? No, don't tell me ... let me try to figure it out, as I never will cause I really don't care to repeat it, but it's VERY cool. :) Thanks, GPF, for more fun. And, Whiskey, where can I find your picture you have on your posts? I'd like to see it in larger form. I LOVE the water wheel! It's something I've always wanted to incorporate on my pond .... someday .... :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Learned a new word today, too: Smartypantsedness. Gonna look that up in my Funk & Wagnalls! John

Ask a Question