Simple Pleasures

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow really great! I love your mixture of goldfish and koi and everything looks really natural. Also really like your frog. What kind is it? The ducks would make me nervous even though they don't supposedly bother goldfish.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Great video, I love how natural you pond looks, How in the world do you keep your stream so algae free? I also noticed you have only butterfly Koi and goldfish. For others that are interested. IMO this is the best route to go to keep koi and lily's. Standard Koi aren't nearly as nice to plants. Very inspiring pond video! (y)

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Outstanding video Rob! I really enjoyed the whole production; the relaxing music blending with the beautiful sights and sounds of your backyard oasis. Very calming - simple pleasures indeed! :geek:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow really great! I love your mixture of goldfish and koi and everything looks really natural. Also really like your frog. What kind is it? The ducks would make me nervous even though they don't supposedly bother goldfish.
Thanks. So far not problems with my fish with the ducks. The fish actually pick at the ducks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Outstanding video Rob! I really enjoyed the whole production; the relaxing music blending with the beautiful sights and sounds of your backyard oasis. Very calming - simple pleasures indeed! :geek:
Glad you liked it. Not the best but I have been pleased with the video from the iPhone. All except the underwater footage was done with the iPhone.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Great video, I love how natural you pond looks, How in the world do you keep your stream so algae free? I also noticed you have only butterfly Koi and goldfish. For others that are interested. IMO this is the best route to go to keep koi and lily's. Standard Koi aren't nearly as nice to plants. Very inspiring pond video! (y)
Thanks. My butterfly koi are very good with the plants. They do pick at the pea stone and cat litter but that's about it. So far very happy with the mix. As far as my stream last year I had a bit of string algae. This year I added another bio filter with another pump dumping into the stream. Total gph is about 6500 gph. So I think with the increased flow and extra filtration has been a bit help in the algae dept. The main pump is in the skimmer which goes to a bio waterfall filter. I also have 2 additional bio filters inline with a 1800 gph pump. You can see the small rock with water coming off it in a few of the video clips.

Ask a Question