Simple pump required - confused and need help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
we still have lots of restaraunts and convenience stores with either limited hours or long lines, sometimes lines outside to just get in because there's not enough coverage. If they're not getting money from somewhere, how are those missing workers able to survive?
:unsure: Good point. And if secret alien giants aren't holding the stars up at night, how do they stay in the sky? lol Do you think there is some secret George Soros unemployment system?

The labor "shortage" has lots of different inputs and they're not the same in every industry. If a more attractive industry is hurting for labor and now willing to hire service works when they weren't before, guess where those service workers are going? And it'll be restaurants losing labor that struggle stay open. That's the nature of the free market.

And I paid a well guy $500 for 2 hours of work in replacing my pump (voltage surge got a perfectly NEW 7 month pump!), so can't tell me at least SOME trades aren't getting paid decently if not handsomely.
Sounds like that guy was self-employed, therefore he gets all the money because he runs the business, too. Most construction workers are paid hourly, though. If that "well guy" were an employee of a "well company", he probably made about $50 + whatever benefits he gets. And as a side note: you didn't pay him for 2 hours of his time. You paid him for the years of experience that allowed him to solve your problem in just 2 hours. ;)

You saying those installing are getting paid McDonald's money now and the heating n cooling co is taking in the bulk of 8K labor?
Yes. I mean, better than McD's, but that's exactly how you run a business. And HVAC techs are usually doing better than most other trades.

I take my car into the shop and it's $90/hr for labor.
Good example. $90 = Fully burdened (benefits + taxes) cost of labor + profit margin. That could also include multiple people working on your car, so $90 / 2 = $45/hour/person. The guys doing the work were probably making $20-25.

Guess I just threw some wood on YOUR fire's argument in that Big Business is getting it all and trades are not, hey?
I knew you'd get there eventually. :)

Hey @Jim19: See what happens when you don't come back to entertain us?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey @Jim19: See what happens when you don't come back to entertain us?
yeah, we're force to enterain out selves with fairy tales... :D :D :cool:

smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
speak for thy self

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the rules in the UK about DIY electrical. Installing an electrical outlet on an existing circuit (or even a new one) requires very little special knowledge and is quite easy. It seems most Commonwealth States expressly forbid it.
Oh yeah, strict rules here too. If you DO do it yourself you are supposed to have the work "signed off" by some sort of inspector. Anyone capable does it on the QT. trouble is, I'm not capable!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, we're force to enterain out selves with fairy tales... :D :D :cool:

View attachment 144923

Just to clarify - Those with jobs are worked to death because 1, labour shortage 2, supporting the millions who A, can't work, B, don't work, C, never worked!

I think it's flipping rude to post & run, so I'm done making excuses for the OP :confused:

Me, retired so well out of it :cool:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Though i am not a half full , I will say when i started on this forum finding my way around was not the easiest so i will give some the benefit of they could not find their way back to the question. As to those staying home not working . I can't blame them as much as i blame our idiots in office There is one simple way out of all this . If you are an elected official you do not get to lie, get caught and go to JAIL....

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope that someone can help with this as I am going around in circles!

We have a very small pond in our garden without fish and would like to get a pump/small fountain that includes a filter too (does not need to be UV). We had originally gone for a Blagdon 3000 which seemed great, but the trouble is that we only have 1 outside plug installed.

We are not going to add any other sockets to the outside setup and therefore want a pump/filter that only requires 1 plug socket. Does such a thing exist??

I have bought a Hozelock Aquaforce 1500 but I appear to have bought the wrong thing as this is a waterfall pump that normally connects to an external filter.

I feel like this is a simple thing but no amount of googling has helped!

So, can anyone recommend a 1 socket pump with included filter?

Thanks so much in advance!

James

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope that someone can help with this as I am going around in circles!

We have a very small pond in our garden without fish and would like to get a pump/small fountain that includes a filter too (does not need to be UV). We had originally gone for a Blagdon 3000 which seemed great, but the trouble is that we only have 1 outside plug installed.

We are not going to add any other sockets to the outside setup and therefore want a pump/filter that only requires 1 plug socket. Does such a thing exist??

I have bought a Hozelock Aquaforce 1500 but I appear to have bought the wrong thing as this is a waterfall pump that normally connects to an external filter.

I feel like this is a simple thing but no amount of googling has helped!

So, can anyone recommend a 1 socket pump with included filter?

Thanks so much in advance!

James
Pondmaster has filter/ pump combos. Personally I would still use a filter in your small pond to help keep the water clear.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry susan i am not the one for the all in one filters . all i can say is the matala filters work well and are relatively easy to maintain and they last a long time

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Ask a Question