Site Improvements

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've added the post "thanks" button now, so we'll see how that goes. It's added on a trial basis for now to see how it works out.

I'm going to be away for some time next month, but upon my return I'll be looking in to re-organising the site guidelines and perhaps the site itself. :)

jethro13 said:
just wanted to say thanks for all the time you spend improving this forum

You're welcome Jethro :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've updated the first post with a few new possibilities that I'm looking in to. The first new addition is a FAQ which will link to authoritative posts already made in the forum on common topics - this should help those people looking for common topics.

The second is the possibility to add extra forum sections for the different size garden ponds. We've got some users with quite large ponds that have different requirements for upkeep to those with small garden ponds, so it may be worth differentiating between these on the site. Thankfully, we've got experts in both areas so we should be well covered :fish:.

I'm drawing up a useage / guidelines page for the forum, as there aren't any that are easily accessible at the moment. This will include tips on how to upload images and use the site, as well as clarify policy on signatures and advertising.

Other things I'm looking in to at the moment include the gallery software. I'm looking at upgrading this if possible, as the current solution isn't ideal. It would be nice to have it more integrated with the main forums, so I may add a sidebar with more information on recent galleries (plus other information).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks Ian, this is a great site. The last site I was on, the owner pulled the plug on it one day, so I was very happy to find this one. Great bunch of people on here. And very knowledgeable.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You're very welcome :D

I've just bought some new gallery software for the forums, and I'm in the process of moving it over now. :fish: It should be complete in the next few hours, there are a few more tweaks I need to make to it.

One of the neat new features is the "gallery" tab in a user profile, so if that user has uplodated any images it will allow you to browse them.

That's one more item off the "to do" list ;).

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
We will soon be, if not already, the Premier Garden Pond site in the world. Thanks to Ian and our very objective staff of participants.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm back home in a few days time, so I'll be starting to work on this list again then :wink:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm back home in a few days time, so I'll be starting to work on this list again then :wink:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe longer than 10 minutes before it times out for edit or photo's, us old folks have to find the darn things where we filed them.............lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe longer than 10 minutes before it times out for edit or photo's, us old folks have to find the darn things where we filed them.............lol

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Having just discovered this section of the site, I would like to extend my thanks to all those here who have made this place possible, I have personally enjoyed it and learned quite a bit here. As far as forums go, this one is excellent.

Ask a Question