Skimmer box leaking....

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I have a Savio style skimmer box and its leaking around the intake. I'm guessing its on the back side of the liner between the two plates. What is the best sealant to use? Could I use RTV sealant?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if its just a gasket situation...you may want to consider plain old aquarium silicone...gives a good seal and isnt a bear to seperate parts, and clean off, if the need should arise!....thats all i used on every connection, filters, pvc, everything. as long as it left alone it holds fine!

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I used gold label one shot. It set up really quick and I was able to get my skimmer box put back together tonight. Could have filled it up with water but I figured since it was getting late I would let it set up more over night and finish filling it in the morning.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I hope it's just a faceplate leak and not a crack as I found in my skimmers. GE series 1200 silicone is a good fix as well on these liners.

THks
W

Ask a Question