Skimmer problem

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Just installed skimmer for the first time and have the following problem
Iz just pull up, skimmrt is TTJebao 50 and pump is TTSunSun 7000. Could it be that i didnt cut the input at connector for tube for the same size as the tube is?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
For the best flow from the pump , cut off all of the step connector smaller than the hose
On the inlet and outlet .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
You did not answer the question. A pump with a flow rating of no less than 1100 gph/4000lph is required for the smaller model of this skimmer. Twice that for the larger model (as per Oase).

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
You did not answer the question. A pump with a flow rating of no less than 1100 gph/4000lph is required for the smaller model of this skimmer. Twice that for the larger model (as per Oase).
Model 7000 = 7000litres/h (1849 Galloons i believe?)

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Model 7000 = 7000litres/h (1849 Galloons i believe?)

Sorry, my mistake. You gave the pump and skimmer model info in the opening post.
The skimmer manufacturer claims that this skimmer will work with pumps ranging from 1600 to 3500 gph,
In your video I can't detect any water flow at all.
Try the largest diameter tubing allowed. If that doesn't work then get your money back. Skimmer is defective.

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Sorry, my mistake. You gave the pump and skimmer model info in the opening post.
The skimmer manufacturer claims that this skimmer will work with pumps ranging from 1600 to 3500 gph,
In your video I can't detect any water flow at all.
Try the largest diameter tubing allowed. If that doesn't work then get your money back. Skimmer is defective.
I will try hope they will take it back even if i cutted the other smaller diameters.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I used to have a floating skimmer made by this same company (1st video), and never was happy with it (various reasons that I don't remember now). Switched to an Oase floating skimmer ( same brand as in the 2nd video) and like it so much better. More reliable....

Ask a Question