Skippy filter 150 gallon

Reaction score
I have a 7000 gph pump feeding my filter. I use floor scrubbing pads and bio balls as my media. I use a Haywood 1200 as my pre filter . This is to clear the water for 2 days then I remove and clean. Then after a week do it again. It keeps the pond pretty clean.
I would like to use something better. Is as and filter worth the money?
image.jpeg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Why would you want to change it then .By the way really nice pond .Plants in a filter will really improve the water quality .Clear water does not always mean a healthy pond .Do you put plants in the pond and how many fish what kind how many gallons is it .Do you use an aerator

Reaction score
I have a 7000 gph pump feeding my filter. I use floor scrubbing pads and bio balls as my media. I use a Haywood 1200 as my pre filter . This is to clear the water for 2 days then I remove and clean. Then after a week do it again. It keeps the pond pretty clean.
I would like to use something better. Is as and filter worth the money?
View attachment 99307

Sorry did not get back to all who liked the post. I like my filter the pic is several years old I will post a new one. I have 20 koi from small 5-6 inches some are 8- we inches some bottom feeders. I have 4 water Lily's. 20 Floating lotus and 4 plants I forgot the names. The pond gets full sun here Miami fl. I get lots of green on the walls. I change ;about 20 percent every month.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
How do you do it with heat year round .Have friends there and seems they all head north come summer .We are all from NJ .I decided middle ground not to cold not to hot and crime and cost is lower

Reaction score
Yes it's hot hear y
The day before it hit 97, I have been telling the wife for over 30. Yrs lets get out of here, move up north the Caroline's tenn, Virginia, no she loves the beach so here we are

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
There are beachs up here .I don't like storms so stay far away and I love the mountains .My view is worth any beach ,will visit them but live there nope .My taxes on 3 acres a thousand dollars .3 percent sales tax

Reaction score
I personally would love move up there it is beautiful to have views of the mountains when you get ants this weekend.up every day. In the winteri I bet it's slice playing in the snow.
I added some plants and some new Kois. Water is not clear due to all the plants. Will change some of the water this weekend.

Ask a Question