Skippy Filter- Spring Supplies Help!

Reaction score
Country
United States
For years and years, I've bought my Skippy Filter: Bacteria, Enzymes, Sludge Eater and Seasonal Prepfrom skippystuff.com aka Beautiful Ponds & Gardens in Taylor, MI. I don't know if they went out of business or what is going on. I can't get a hold of anyone there.

My problem is I don't know where to get my skippy filter supplies if they are closed.

Does anyone have any suggestions

This is my normal Spring order:
1 quart of Bacteria
1 pint of enzymes
3 Pound of Our Own Sludge Eater
2 Quart of Seasonal Prep

Reaction score
Trent may I suggest that you do a partial water change of about 1/3 of the pond, and then simply turn the pump on. Forget adding all that stuff. If you have a lot of winter junk on the bottom then when the water is low run a leaf net over the bottom and pull whatever is there out.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I agree- all the chemicals are unnecessary. It sounds like you have an established pond. Maybe just get a net to scoop out leaves from the bottom of the pond. As far as pond supplies, I like Webbs water gardens. Great prices and fast shipping.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would skip adding all the stuff. I have never added any of it to my pond, even when brand new.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I added some bacteria to my pond 2 years ago when I first started it. Didn't want to wait for bacterial growth naturally. I fed the bacteria by dumping in a dozen Crappie minnows, from the local bait shop. I have one survivor, about the size of a small Bass.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
For years and years, I've bought my Skippy Filter: Bacteria, Enzymes, Sludge Eater and Seasonal Prepfrom skippystuff.com aka Beautiful Ponds & Gardens in Taylor, MI. I don't know if they went out of business or what is going on. I can't get a hold of anyone there.

My problem is I don't know where to get my skippy filter supplies if they are closed.

Does anyone have any suggestions

This is my normal Spring order:
1 quart of Bacteria
1 pint of enzymes
3 Pound of Our Own Sludge Eater
2 Quart of Seasonal Prep

Same here. Owner diagnosed with MS. Thought she left business in good hands . . . but she was saddened to see it when she returned. Is now closed. I will try Aquascape Beneficial Bacteria from Amazon. The Beautiful Ponds Bacteria and my diy skippy filter always kept beautiful water.

Ask a Question