For Sale SMALL Pair of Vortex (settling chamber) Filters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
green 1.JPG
green 2.JPG
green 3.JPG
green 4.JPG
I have available 2 different sized pairs of Vortex Filters, aka (settling chambers) for sale. One is very large and the other one is much smaller.

In this post, I will show you the smaller set, manufactured by NITRITECH. The larger set is in a different post.

As you can see in the attached photos, these filters are sized to handle a modest volume of water, 2000 3000 gph. Both tanks are fitted with the intake arm and discharge arm at the proper angle to provide the gentle, circular flow that creates the "vortex affect" and makes all solid materials in the water sink to the bottom of the tank for easy flushing removal. These intake and discharge arms are part of the rotomolded process that creates a “one-piece” product.

One tank has small “arms” on the inside for supporting mats and/or filter pads. I made an additional support bracket from white PVC pipe to provide additional support. Included with these tanks are 2 thick foam filter pads that can be used in this tank.
The second tank can easily be fitted with mats, brushes, ribbons and/or bio-balls to provide additional mechanical and biological filtration.

The intake (lower) and discharge (upper) ports on both tanks are 4”. The bottom drain port on both tanks is 2”.

As pictured, both tanks come with a base and a cover. Each tank stands app. 31” tall and is app. 29” wide. These vortex filter tanks are unused and have been stored inside for several years awaiting a project. I have decided not to start this project, therefore these filters are available for your project!

Vortex filters are commonly used as the first stage of solids filtration from the bottom drain(s) allowing you to remove almost EVERYTHING before moving the water through the pump(s). This process uses gravity to move water from the pond via the bottom drain(s). When the 2 tanks are plumbed together, the pump draws water from the second tank thus causing the flow from the pond into the first tank.

Settling chambers work extremely well to remove most all of the solid material from the pond and vortex filters do this the best and use NO moving parts or electricity!

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me. I will be glad to talk with you to help you better judge if these filters are right for your filter system. As with all filters of this type, they must be installed at the same height as the ponds water line. They can be placed near your pond, or better yet, at a near remote location (and/or buried) so as not to distract from the natural beauty of your water garden or Koi pond.

I have these priced at $500 for everything: 2 tanks, 2 bases, 2 lids and 2 mats. This is less than I have invested but I now have no home for them and do not want to store them for some unknown future project!

I can deliver locally at no additional charge and regionally for a small fee (to be discussed with the buyer). I will be selling fish again this spring at our Louisville Koi Show and will be glad to deliver them to you there. These are small enough and light enough to ship. I will fabricate shipping cartons and can ship them directly to you.

If you need a larger vortex settling chamber system, look for my other post for the larger set I have available.

Attachments

• green 5.JPG
    green 5.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 533
  • green 6.JPG
    green 6.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 500
  • green 7.JPG
    green 7.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 587
  • green 8.JPG
    green 8.JPG
    301.7 KB · Views: 499
  • green 9.JPG
    green 9.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 589
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Our filters are vortex filters Randy 32" we have three , it used to be four but one sprang a leak so we added a barrel filter to the three vortex style filter , we cant fault them
They are well worth a buy for anyone wishing to upgrade their pond .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey Dave;
I sure hope you still have the 4th one with the leak. This type of plastic can be repaired via "plastic welding"! It is amazing! Search around your area and you should find someone offering this service. Common in farm equipment. Be sure to check your local "Craigslist".
Randy

Ask a Question