Small pond filters

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hi, I have a 50 gallon pond and was wondering what would be the best filter to get for it?
It would be nice to have a external one but all I'm seeing is a submersible ones for smaller ponds..
Any suggestions would be appreciated ..
Thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would get a tetra in pond filter box it is small and pump fits inside the box and it has bio balls and a foam pad and comes as a whole kit .Or you could make your own from a small bin that you put a pump inside and drill wholes in it .Even a pump with a built in foam filter would work for that size ,most come that way

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have a smaller rectangular one that the pump fits inside the box .But for 50 gallons the prefilter pump should work

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
this sorry it is fuzzy you can get them on ebay and amazon

Attachments

• pics 003.JPG
    pics 003.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 260

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
there are several kinds pond boss, calpump ,little giant and tetra usually around 30 dollars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hmm some of those are discountinued.. I guess I'll just get the the one I posted above unless I can find a different one..
Thanks so much for your responses!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
corrugated is hard to get a clamp on and if it is the spiral kind like they sell at lowes it is worse .I use sump pump hose .If you only need a small piece you can probably buy it buy the foot in the plumbing department .They also sell a smaller sized rubber hose that is good and i still use some of it after 11 years for my UV's .You can see the sump pump hose in the filter and along side of that at the bottom you can see the rubber hose and it is over 11 years old

Attachments

• sump pump hose connected in pond 018.JPG
    sump pump hose connected in pond 018.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 239
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
corrugated is hard to get a clamp on and if it is the spiral kind like they sell at lowes it is worse .I use sump pump hose .If you only need a small piece you can probably buy it buy the foot in the plumbing department .They also sell a smaller sized rubber hose that is good and i still use some of it after 11 years for my UV's .You can see the sump pump hose in the filter and along side of that at the bottom you can see the rubber hose and it is over 11 years old

wow! That fish coming to the top is huge lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is my aggie and she and bert are over 2 feet long and are koi almost 12 years old

Attachments

• hard rain dec.-25-2015 022.JPG
    hard rain dec.-25-2015 022.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 222

Ask a Question