Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Definitely better news than yesterdays but we just got the temp power off and the main power on at the new outdoor turtle basking pond number 6 which is a clone of the others and so it is approx 14' x 8' and 3' deep and at normal levels holds around 12 to 15 hundred I think. I played around with configs overtime and found this to be the size that most turtles like and it is also convenient because we can use off the shelf filtration etc since at this time I can not afford to bring all the outdoor areas online with our global filtration room that runs all the indoor and the two x-large outdoor main/visitor pond area. As you can see we still have not moved all the work equipment yet but I will get a good picture album together once it is all cleared up and the turtles start to move in. I let Atlas go out there last night and he seemed to be snobby about it but then again he hates about everything in the world besides me and of course himself ;). Anyways just a brief update on the rescue.
PS: If you look closely you will see a line of reddish lights in the upper area 5 in total and that is actually the Box turtles building turtle gates. The light is actually normal turtle lamps but the lens on the DSLR picks it up weirdly due to all the other light in the center I think. Still learning how to perfectly focus a lens so not a good photographer yet :D

Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I'm in GA too! If this Multiple Pond Sickness is contagious in our area, I'm in biiiiiig trouble! ;)
Looks really neat!

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I'm in GA too! If this Multiple Pond Sickness is contagious in our area, I'm in biiiiiig trouble! ;)
Looks really neat!
I'm afraid I can only confirm that the pond building epidemic is indeed contagious :ROFLMAO: and even more so if you end up with a army of turtles that is always about 40 strong like mine ;)

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Looks really neat!
PS: I try and keep some plausible deniability though by maintaining that I simply dug a hole in the ground but the turtles turned it into a pond :sneaky:

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I'm afraid I can only confirm that the pond fobuilding epidemic is indeed contagious :ROFLMAO: and even more so if you end up with a army of turtles that is always about 40 strong like mine ;)

I am in the process of building a similar size pond, for the juvenile red ear slider I pulled out of a brackish water river (obviously someone released it). Currently is in my 8000 gal. garden pond, but I don't want to wait until it gets larger and decides my aquatic plants are on the menu. I don't think I could have a pond of any sort w/o turtles in it. To me they add a different level of interest to the pond.
Only up to pond #4 for me.

Ask a Question