Small Waterfall - water dripping behind ledge

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hoping some of the more experienced here have a simpler fix. We recently cleaned out our waterfall and finished stacking all the rock, siliconed the spillway edges where the water runs down, but now have an issue with water running under the spillway rock and dripping down. It causing water to run down both sides of the rock and soaking the ground.

Does the spillway ledge need to be sharper to prevent water from dripping under it? The water flow is pretty fast, so I didn't think slow moving water is the issue. Not sure what to do here. I've attached a couple pics for reference.

Attachments

• fall 4.jpg
    fall 4.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 32
  • fall1.jpg
    fall1.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 34
  • fall2.jpg
    fall2.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 33
  • fall3.jpg
    fall3.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
Country
United States
There is a small pond/basin which the water flows in to. Its not used for fish or plants, mainly just a tub where the water collects.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
unfortunately natural rock spillways tend to do a bit of this, is the water physically leaving the feature?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
remove the stone where it is leaking / dripping . and cut a slot at least a 1/4" wide and 3/16" deep this will create a dripping point and not allow the water to run and get past the liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Hoping some of the more experienced here have a simpler fix. We recently cleaned out our waterfall and finished stacking all the rock, siliconed the spillway edges where the water runs down, but now have an issue with water running under the spillway rock and dripping down. It causing water to run down both sides of the rock and soaking the ground.

Does the spillway ledge need to be sharper to prevent water from dripping under it? The water flow is pretty fast, so I didn't think slow moving water is the issue. Not sure what to do here. I've attached a couple pics for reference.
I have the same issue.

Ask a Question